Author Topic: New Guidelines  (Read 7261 times)

colonelk

• Skiddy skidz FTW
  • Administrator
  • Wanted: Life
New Guidelines
« on: July 25, 2005, 06:30:33 PM »
Didnt really want to make this post, however due to some recent incidents I will.

NEW RULES

1) Member Arguments - If they can be kept constructive and balanced with no name calling then fine. However if you feel the need to insult each other PLEASE KEEP IT OFF THE BOARDS. Use PM, use MSN. I dont care! As long as it isnt on here. We want to keep this a fun place, m'kay?

2) General Attitude - Please try and keep open minded and 'can-do' about other peoples projects. I have no problems with you voicing your reservations, but please keep it tactful and helpful.

3) Warnings - If we feel you are bending / breaking these rules, then you will get a verbal (posted) warning. If the unpleasantness continues, this will be put into a HARD warning, of which we operate a "3 strikes and you are out" rule. Sorry to enforce this but I feel it necessary. Any opinions are welcomed below and if these are deemed too harsh by most board members they will be altered. I want to listen to you guys and gals! :D

4) Txt Spk - Please refrain from using so called "text speak" on the forums. The odd bit slipped in every now and again hurts no-one, but continuous use normally results in very VERY hard to read, confusing posts! So please take those extra couple of seconds to type your words fully.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 12:54:30 AM by colonelk »
Zee goggles, zhey do nothing!

Budgie

• What is it about Carltons'?
Re: New Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 07:55:56 PM »
This is excellent progress for what I believe is a Site/Forum with "lot of legs" in it yet - and I must add with a well meaning and more than often well informed group of Carlton revivalists as regular contributing members.

At the end of the day "if you don't monitor it then you can't control it" :)

colonelk

• Skiddy skidz FTW
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 09:47:36 PM »
Thanks Budgie. :) Its good to hear good feedback.

Im really please with how the site is gaining momentum. Many members contributing knowledge and general help. I cant believe we even got T-shirts printed for Billing! Well done all for pushing the site and making it a busy, fun place to be.

I hope it continues like this!
Zee goggles, zhey do nothing!

2PAC

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 10:55:27 PM »
Recent events???

he did say that was an also name he answeres too so I was not tecnically name calling.

But I accept and agree to the above and onwards and upwards  :)

Pedro

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 04:41:48 PM »
Totally agree with the guidelines - a public forum needs a modicum of decorum.

Budgie

• What is it about Carltons'?
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 08:02:44 PM »
Totally agree with the guidelines - a public forum needs a modicum of decorum.

WoW!

"A forum with a modicum of decorum" - could probably put that to music and perhaps use it as the chorus line.

Nice one!

REARSTEER

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 09:07:35 PM »
exelent sight all good keep it up took me ages to find a carlton owners sight/forum/club wot ever u wont to call it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
the best way is sideways

blippi

• Old School New Rules
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 09:11:08 PM »
as said above u doin a top job an yea rules r a good idea

also think it would be better 2 pm ppl if u feel there is argument goin on just 2 check as sometimes it is just banter

an its good 2 see u will listen 2 the whole group :)

teddb

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 09:34:37 AM »
Guidelines understood and ok
I have a lovely old work hosre carlton 2.6 estate auto , aubergine but tatty , I ihave had it eight years and want to win lottery so I can afford to refurbish it . There is no car like these and I shall be sorry if I lose it to my money troubles .
Well thats it from me , good motoring and I will watch this space .
teddb

bootie3367

• Global Moderator
  • *Ahem* Enix village, Spain, miles from Murph!
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 10:50:02 AM »
Hey Ted, depends on what you mean by refurbish. If it's to showroom/concourse standard then yes you will need a fair bit of money. However if you just want it to perform as it should and look nice then it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg, there's plenty of folk on here that would be able to get you the parts you need at low low prices and also help out with the techie stuff should you need it. As for making it look nice, I reckon you would only need to spend a grand on it for a respray as long as most of the repairs had been done and you will have totally respectable motor.

BTW I also have a 2.6 estate. Whereabouts are you?

Jon

PS Welcome to the site
Drives: 2.6 CDXi estate, Lowered, 16" 5 spokes. De-catted. Soon to be chipped (maybe)

king nero

• Belgium
    • kingnero.be
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 11:29:30 AM »
I am glad text speak is being frowned upon - me especially (as non-native) have sometimes problems understanding this...
as for the name-calling, I think all the *******s that mutha**** ****ing do this, should be ****ing kicked in their ****ing nuts, god****it !  ;D
(think jerry springer! *beep*)

carltonman

• Aberdeen, UK
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 11:49:34 AM »
WOW, lost me king nero!
But hey folks......have to agree. if i lost access to this site (bearing in mind it is free) then I would be lost. Help me get out of a lout of car problems just by asking a question. Try that at a garage.
Have fully enjoyed all my time on the site and still get a good laugh.
Yes there are screen names that appear a couple of time's then get what they require and disappear again. Hapens all the time. But there are hard core members on the site, and giving that the car ended on a 'L' (very last cars to be sold)...............say's it all. Big car, big smiles and big thanks to all that have helped me over the years! Still have my 2 GSI's, but do nowt with them. Sad really.

Murph

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 08:39:16 PM »
I've been a member for a year now (give or take a few day's) and have found this site invaluable in getting the little problems sorted and priceless for the big problems.

The best part for me though, is having been able to pass on all that I've learnt since I joined, which amounts to most of what I know.

I've met a few really good people through the forum too and hope to meet some more of you yet!

Long live the Carlton's and LONG LIVE TOTAL CARLTON!

jonnybear

• Carlton Mad
  • 1993 (k) Carlton CDi 2.0i, Tyne And Wear (NE)
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 08:57:49 PM »
HERE HERE !!! AMEN TO THAT!! HALLAULIA!!!!

Jonny