Author Topic: Hello from New member  (Read 526 times)

snoopy79

Hello from New member
« on: August 24, 2018, 08:10:53 PM »
Hi, I am new here and I have a mk1 Carlton estate and a mk1 cavalier. I will post some pics later in another section. I am in the Doncaster area.

djbthatsme

Re: Hello from New member
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 06:29:26 PM »
Hello and welcome snoopy79,
Hope you find the site helpful to make friends and gain advice where required. The pics will be useful  to show off the cars to other members.

Welcome once again. 

doz

• Wanted: Life
  • Southampton
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 08:39:02 PM »
Hi from a fellow carlton sufferer.
Wafting air biscuits up the noses of the bureaucrats since 1970 
92 GSI 24v manual
92 LC

snoopy79

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 01:39:40 PM »
Hi to you too, thanks for the welcome. I am nuts over the Carlton cars especially the earlier ones. I will add pics when I get it out of the garage. 😁

djbthatsme

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 05:31:34 PM »
I can only agree with doz, owning and caring for your Carlton becomes a penance. Most of us, if not all of us, will spend  to much time money and effort  trying (sometimes succeeding) to keep our motors on the road. This becomes exceedingly problematic when the parts are increasingly diminishing and difficult to find.

PeterC

• Wanted: Life
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 08:27:45 PM »
I have not had too much trouble with my 2.0l CD estate. But it deserves more looking after.

On the list is :-
Electric windows going dozey,
Time to take apart the rear drum brakes and see what is left inside
Must clean out the gauze filter oil breather bit (on the airbox ?).
Finished the upgrading of the cooling fan to Electric - thanks to Murph andCarltonMad.
Check/change the temp sender as it might be under reading (suspect for a while and electric fan thermostat agrees with me)
Oh (dear) and the bonnet (laquer is knackered - not a show car this !).
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.