Author Topic: Indicator light wanted  (Read 141 times)

djbthatsme

Indicator light wanted
« on: July 07, 2018, 06:45:40 PM »
Passenger (nearside) indicator light is cracked and needs replacing.

Not to be confused with the yellow flasher on the wing the indicator light is next to the headlight - anyone got a spare in good nick.

chris

Re: Indicator light wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 03:02:49 PM »
Hello DJB, I dont have one sorry, but thought I'd mention that you need to specify pre facelift or facelift type.
Facelift would be from around 1992ish I think and onward and is much bigger than pre facelift. It goes further back along the wing.

If you arent sure a photo will help people to identify it.

djbthatsme

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:01:06 AM »
Thanks once again Chris,
I accept the point you're making.

There are different size indicator lights for the Carlton and I believe somewhere in my stores there is one that is to small. On this occasion pictures aren't that useful to differentiate between the variations available without dimensions.

I've found that the size of the front lens are different ie.

The measurement of the longest side of the indicator mostly determines if the unit is correct or not.

The indicator sits alongside the headlight and fills the gap made for it. The unit I'm seeking measures approx. 140mm along its longest side which I believe was for the facelift Carlton. My car is J reg.   

Anyone help.

0795omega

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 01:02:03 PM »
your car is a facelift djb if its j reg the lens that goes round the side more is the one.

DKT1

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 07:38:33 PM »
I found this one from Opel Classic Parts, http://www.opel-classicparts.de/leuchte-56117.html
90297449 should be the part No for the L/H nearside.
90297450 for the R/H offside.
I replaced both, of mine two years ago as replacing just one makes it look odd.
I also silicone filled all round the back of the lens as I was fed up with the dirty line were it joins the body, also drilled and screwed the lenses on with tiny stainless screws so they can't fall off.
Carlton 2.0ltr Diamond Est

chris

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 09:08:37 PM »
That one in the link looks like a pre facelift DKT.

The Facelift indicator is about the same length along the bottom as it is tall, both dimensions are about 170mm ish on the front of the unit.
The Pre Facelift is more like 130mm along the front of the bottom edge.

I've got a FL RHS here and the part number is 903781289, I dont have a LHS to check though.

24Vdiamond

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 01:10:56 PM »
90399448 is the r/h uk drivers side and 90399449 is the l/h, all used from chassis number M1000001 onwards, this is the last 8 digits of your chassis number, so check your chassis letter/number is higher then the above are the correct GM part numbers

As for 903781289 that is too many numbers, GM part numbers for Carlton stuff is normally only 8 digits and remember if you are taking the part number from the old part sometimes these are what is classed as a Production Only Part numbers that the factory used when building the cars, once it goes in some packing and is supplied to your local agent the part number is often different

If your not sure let me have the last 8 digits of your chassis number and I can check the correct part numbers
280,000 miles of 24V fun and slowly dissolving!!

Dave the Builder

• Wanted: Life
  • Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 01:47:36 PM »
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

chris

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 07:18:59 PM »
They look like an incorrectly listed bargain to me. They look like facelift indicators.

DKT1

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 07:38:20 PM »
Yep! they definitely look like facelift not MK1, good price really as they look quite clean.
Several of there other bits are listed as MK1 but are clearly MK3/facelift.
You can't rely on anyone getting it right now a days? ;)
 I know I got the part number wrong on the one I listed  :-[ but I did put my chassis number in, which is a 93, so it should have been right, ::) I know the picture was the wrong one but I have been duped by that before as they use any one as long as it's an indicator, usually the wrong hand as well ;D.

Carlton 2.0ltr Diamond Est