Author Topic: front seat bolts!!  (Read 173 times)

0795omega

front seat bolts!!
« on: April 07, 2018, 12:02:32 PM »
hi all am trying to change over my interior for leather and have soaked front seat bolts overnight to help removal,only have an allen key and a hammer to take them out! not really working only one has wanted to come out so far! think im going to have to go to halfords and buy the right bit to fit my socket set for it! wish me luck folks!!

Dave the Builder

• Wanted: Life
  • Swadlincote,Derbyshire
Re: front seat bolts!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 12:35:30 PM »
I think the seat bolts and seat belt anchor bolts have blue thread lock IIRC
bit of heat and they come out easy
do you mean you are trying to loosen torx bolts with hex allen  keys  :-\
you'll just chew them up and have problems
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

0795omega

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 05:18:39 PM »
hi dave its the actual seat mounting bolts im trying to remove,found a 6mm allen key fits it but awkward to use to remove bolt! have found a fitting to fit my cordless drill to try tomorrow to remove the bolts hopefully? same 6mm hex type end on it.

chris

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 05:27:17 PM »
The ones I have done have been 6mm Allen key.
As Dave says they are factory fitted with very strong threadlock and can be very hard work to get out, something on your ratchet will be a good idea.
Hopefully none of them will shear the captive but off as happened to a car I have for the previous owner, he had to holesaw his way in through the side.

0795omega

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 07:20:59 PM »
thanks chris hope i dont have to saw anything! could allways start a craze by having cloth front seats and leather rears i suppose!!

0795omega

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 09:14:09 PM »
cracked it now thankfully!! went and bought a 6mm hex bit for my socket and slowly came undone bit by bit,could hear the threadlock cracking as you un- tightened the bolts!!

Dave the Builder

• Wanted: Life
  • Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 08:51:12 AM »
given a bit of heat ,the threadlock melts
glad you sorted it anyway  :)
i prefer cloth over leather ,but each to their own  :o
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry