Author Topic: Selling up soon, bye bye 20 CDi  (Read 647 times)

Dave the Builder

• Wanted: Life
  • Swadlincote,Derbyshire
Selling up soon, bye bye 20 CDi
« on: March 25, 2018, 02:53:47 PM »
 End of an era , Sad time
going to stick my 1993 CDi 2.0 manual on ebay soon, along with loads of spares
had it 12 n half years, been a great motor, just MOTed it.
I had it off Ian Arther (one of the mods and prolific poster on here back in the day)
I think he had it off another TOTALCARLTON member ray ?
I'm not posting this to be talked out of it,
I have replaced it with a 2.6 v6 auto CDXi lard arse B2 mega
Yep AUTO  :'(
my go/stop leg/ankle is shot, old war wound
sad times , 
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

0795omega

Re: Selling up soon, bye bye 20 CDi
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 12:28:03 PM »
very sad to here that dave! ive had a few omegas nice motors,also a good forum for those in the omega owners forum very helpfull and informative as is this one of course!  but v complex compared to good old 2.0 8 valve,only potential horror story ive heard about 2.6 omega is oil cooler in bottom of rad can fail mixing in with expansion tank making everyone think head gasket/s failed but not thankfully! good luck with the omega and hope the carlton finds a good new home!

djbthatsme

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 06:56:57 PM »
Hello Dave the Builder,
What an excuse for getting rid of your manual Carlton - although I expect if a wall I built fell on my leg then it might hurt!!!

You talk about an old war wound were you by any chance in the forces?

My legs and back are playing me up a bit but then its probably due to inactivity since I've given up going to the gym some time ago. This is something I'll have to rectify soon, sitting at the computer for to long is not good.

I'd like to know more about the Carlton if only for the sake of interest. Are pictures of the car and more info on this site?

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 07:54:34 PM »
very sad to here that dave! ive had a few omegas nice motors,also a good forum for those in the omega owners forum very helpfull and informative as is this one of course!  but v complex compared to good old 2.0 8 valve,only potential horror story ive heard about 2.6 omega is oil cooler in bottom of rad can fail mixing in with expansion tank making everyone think head gasket/s failed but not thankfully! good luck with the omega and hope the carlton finds a good new home!
Thanks ,joined oof ,and already got some helpful advice
hopefully my carlton will find a good new owner who will take care of it as i have
Hello Dave the Builder,
What an excuse for getting rid of your manual Carlton - although I expect if a wall I built fell on my leg then it might hurt!!!

You talk about an old war wound were you by any chance in the forces?

My legs and back are playing me up a bit but then its probably due to inactivity since I've given up going to the gym some time ago. This is something I'll have to rectify soon, sitting at the computer for to long is not good.

I'd like to know more about the Carlton if only for the sake of interest. Are pictures of the car and more info on this site?

I'm not ex forces ,just a slang term or phrase "old war wound"
when younger I had a car hit my bike at 40+mph which amongst other things smashed my lower leg to bits,
had a plate and screws put into hold it all together but got Osteomyelitis so had to get it removed,
my tibular is 14 degrees out front to back and about 10 degrees out side to side .
that leaves my ankle and foot under massive strain .

I've had an auto before and hated it , but i'm left with no choice now, i'd love to continue driving manual

as for the manual carlton , unlike me, it has never been plated  :D
when i got it, i undersealed it,including inside chassis rails etc,
been treating it every mot time ,so a solid shell and fixed any mechanical issues ,kept it well serviced ,
pictures ? it's a rembrant silver carlton CDi 2 liter saloon but if you are not familiar with my car it is the middle one (taken at billing next to my blue h reg ) before i owned it 

more recent recent photo

Ill be taking proper pics soon , if your interested in the history of the car ,and the work i've done ,just click on my profile and read through my posts .
ok, so i've given advice to others in alot of posts about their cars but you will also see that my CDi has been well looked after and fixed to a very high standard when any problems have popped up , I know this because i did all the work myself  :D

If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 08:02:26 PM »
Hello Dave the Builder,

My walls don't fall down ! cheeky ol git  :o
I take pride in jobs i do and to a high standard , above and beyond what is required by "code"

Sutty2006

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 08:30:09 PM »
shame to see a carlton go. I love mine, and im glad to be back in one just a shame mine is a manual and not an auto.

Got any wheels or body panels to sell? My base spec is rather dull lol

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 08:58:15 PM »

The wheels in the photo above are wolfrace ,correct pcd and offset 15" will probably take those off the manual carlton.
(see if they fit over the bigger brakes on the new bus) if not may be available
I have about 6 oem diplomat wheels with center caps,
 a tidy set of 4 cdx ATs cross spoke alloys

need to see what wheels the potential buyer wants with the car though really though before i sell any
I've not listed the car on ebay yet
no panels for sale either sorry
loads of parts like lights,rad,brakes etc
spare front zorst de-cat pipe with lambda sensor (my CDi has a 1990 sri 130 20se engine) so ,though it is late 1993 car  it is a non cat test mot (3.5% Co not 0.3% and allowed 1200ppm not 200ppm , but just moted @0.5% Co and about 100ppm hydrocarbons because i have looked after the engine .

if there is any parts left after i sell up. i'll list them on here
I should probably offer the car for sale here too , but everyone on this site has carltons already  ::)
probably end up selling it to some banger racer who will kill my carlton, then sell off the manual box/diff etc for a saab conversion or kit car build and make more money than i get  :'(

djbthatsme

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 05:01:12 PM »
Hello Dave the Builder,
Just joking about the wall falling on your leg.
If your building work is anything like the advice you offer to fellow members then it will be pretty darn good.
Having read about the accident you had ref. your leg I can understand your problem and commiserate with you.

From your frequent involvement on the site it could be reasonably argued that you have a good knowledge of the Carlton
which is born out of first hand working experience. This should show through your previous posts which is my intention to review and then
look at the car all going well.

Would this cause a problem.

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 06:32:45 PM »
Once I have sorted my auto to take over from my carlton (collecting parts and having stuff delivered after easter ,I'm still using my carlton at the moment) ,I will clean it up ,empty all the tools and stuff and get some pics of it all
and detailed info on it .good and bad ,and a full list of parts/spares etc....
(all information i need to get together anyway.even if no TC members are interested)
realistically it may well be  11th april ish, before i'm ready to swap to the auto ( due to the auto requiring tlc )
that will leave 11 months mot on the carlton manual .

So, once sorted ,if you want to have a look before i stick it on ebay ,that's fine  ;)
if it's not for you ,that's fine too , I'll stick it on ebay ,
I'd probably get more money but it's now always about the money
I would like it to go to someone who will care for it or use it for a lotus carlton re-shell etc
not take it to banger racing  :'(

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 07:03:55 PM »
Oh and I just remembered  :-[

I have a full LPG kit for it too  ::)
that i never got round to fitting, i never did the mileage to justify sticking it all on  :-\
including the 20seh ecu, boot tank,loom,emulators,evaporator etc
plus a spare cylinder head .injectors,inlet & zorst manifolds ,cam housing etc
in fact , so many parts ,It may take me a while to remember them all  ;D

new vauxhall gm genuine LUK clutch kit fitted 22k ago 2011
recent rear prop coupling, prop center bearing & carrier,diff oil removed and replaced with new

« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 08:38:32 PM by Dave the Builder »

24Vdiamond

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 05:50:01 PM »
It will be a shame to see you go but good luck with the sale, im sure your advise and technical help will be missed by us all :'(

On the plus side I think you might be spending many a long night on the Omega forums, fingers crossed it will be reliable!!
280,000 miles of 24V fun and slowly dissolving!!

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 07:18:53 PM »
Thankyou  :)
omega is costing me a small fortune to get it to my standards ,
and i've not even started using it yet  ;D

then 2 carlton auto pop up on ebay  ::)

mind you, one is way overpriced, the other on auction requires major work

Sutty2006

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2018, 07:19:48 PM »

The wheels in the photo above are wolfrace ,correct pcd and offset 15" will probably take those off the manual carlton.
(see if they fit over the bigger brakes on the new bus) if not may be available
I have about 6 oem diplomat wheels with center caps,
 a tidy set of 4 cdx ATs cross spoke alloys

need to see what wheels the potential buyer wants with the car though really though before i sell any
I've not listed the car on ebay yet
no panels for sale either sorry
loads of parts like lights,rad,brakes etc
spare front zorst de-cat pipe with lambda sensor (my CDi has a 1990 sri 130 20se engine) so ,though it is late 1993 car  it is a non cat test mot (3.5% Co not 0.3% and allowed 1200ppm not 200ppm , but just moted @0.5% Co and about 100ppm hydrocarbons because i have looked after the engine .

if there is any parts left after i sell up. i'll list them on here
I should probably offer the car for sale here too , but everyone on this site has carltons already  ::)
probably end up selling it to some banger racer who will kill my carlton, then sell off the manual box/diff etc for a saab conversion or kit car build and make more money than i get  :'(

Just let me know whats left when you've sold it. Standard alloys are better. And if you've got a passenger rear light for a saloon that would be great lol