Author Topic: ABS kicks in at very low speed turning right  (Read 600 times)

Sutty2006

ABS kicks in at very low speed turning right
« on: March 22, 2018, 09:33:42 PM »
Happens when I turn to the right and have foot brake applied, ABS kicks in even though the car isnt skidding/loosing traction. Havent had chance to look at the ABS rings yet, but has anyone had this issue before?

Dave the Builder

• Wanted: Life
  • Swadlincote,Derbyshire
Re: ABS kicks in at very low speed turning right
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 09:26:16 PM »
if you mean the ABS modulates / peddal judder then yes , had it on an elantra before ,not a carlton though,
even a small split/crack to an abs reluctor ring causes it and it won't always throw up a warning light

If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 02:28:12 PM »
the ABS "ring" is the back of the hub at the front though om omega/senny/carlton,so worth checking the wheel bearing for play or remove the disc and check / clean the teeth and sensors
may be worth checking the rear reluctor rings too (on the drive shafts near the diff ) 
is it not putting the abs light on ?
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

Sutty2006

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 08:32:48 PM »
Nope no warning light on. I must check that works actually, otherwise that could cause issues.

Had it on the ramp at work today, rear rings look ok. Fronts I can only just make out so will have a look when I get chance.

Cheers Dave.

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 09:06:25 PM »
well hopefully just a bit of rusty mess on one of the front teeth then,
a working abs dash light is important too (ecu needs a signal from that)
ecu under passenger seat.
check someone has not removed the abs bulb in dash (common) abs surge relay in box n/s suspension turret plus 2 abs relays live in the cover above the abs pump

Sutty2006

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 07:16:54 PM »
ABS light iluminates as it should. Will get the hubs off over the summer and have a look. Not in a massive rush. Hoping it lives through another MOT what with all these new emissions rules coming out!

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 08:32:58 PM »
New rules won't effect your carlton emission wise
c20ne engine is still the same in 19th edition appendix
200 ppm hydrocarbon , 0.3 % Co

2oSE engine is not in so non cat test  8)

CraigP

• Derby
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 01:52:34 PM »
I had this happen on my GSI, the only thing I found was a siezed brake pad, after freeing everything off all was well. Can't explain why it would bring the ABS in a low speed though. Cheers, Craig