Author Topic: 1985 Opel Rekord 2.2i CD saloon £SOLD  (Read 434 times)

Sutty2006

1985 Opel Rekord 2.2i CD saloon £SOLD
« on: February 15, 2018, 03:12:12 PM »
It is with deep regret that I am putting my Opel Rekord up for sale. Too many projects and not enough time/money for them all. So id like to see it go to someone that can appreciate it.

1985 C reg 2.2 injection Opel Rekord saloon (vauxhall Carlton Mk2) in anthrecite with black cloth interior.
For those of you that don't know the car, I bought it as a rolling shell in 2014. The engine, gearbox, wiring loom, radiator, fuel tank and pump plus more was missing. I sourced a genuine 2.2 injection engine, a Manta 5 speed gearbox and the rest of the parts came from all over the UK.

73800 miles.

MOT due 22.10.2018, hasnt been used since it was MOT'd.

Some areas of body work were repaired, A pillar by windscreen, sills, a patch in the o/s/r door, front valance plus more. Paintwork was matched brilliantly but the prepwork must have been crap as there are areas that have boubled up (roof and rear arches)

Engine. New timing chain kit and water pump. New plugs, leads, oil and filter. Engine oil has been changed again since going back on the road. Correct 2.2 flywheel was blasted and skimmed, and a NOS clutch kit fitted. New clutch cable. Radiator was sourced but required reconditioning so is as new (triple core)

Rear axle is an estate axle (slightly wider) with new diff pinion bearings and a new o/s/r wheel bearing. Fresh diff oil.

New front disks and pads, new drums and shoes on the rear.

New rear shock absorbers and 1x new spring

New front ARB links

New heater matrix

Cd Player fitted with new speakers in the dash.

New chrome screen trim front and back.

4x new tyres

New Battery

1x New rear lamp

New old stock fuel tank sourced then hit with a few coats of hammerite black.

The list goes on and on. Ive used new parts where ever possible.

Electric windows, electric mirrors, central locking, power steering, electric boot release, trip computor.... all in good working order. The interior is in very good condition. Runs and drives superb.... must be driven to appreciate.

Needs minor fettling to make mint.  Fan blower motor is seized but sometimes comes free with a bit of WD40. (second one thats seized, must be common) and the rear arches could do with sorting sooner rather than later. They arent bad, but need doing. Ive got a new o/s/r arch panel to go with it.  Ive already put well over £4000 into the restoration so making a loss as it stands. Any questions please ask, I dont bite! Viewings welcome. Located in Ruston Spensor, 10 miles from Stoke on Trent, or 5 miles from Macclesfield .

£SOLD

PICTURES TO COME SOON.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:09:50 PM by Sutty2006 »

Sutty2006

Re: 1985 Opel Rekord 2.2i CD saloon £1995
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 03:22:31 PM »

test