Author Topic: Carlton for sale  (Read 734 times)

djbthatsme

Carlton for sale
« on: January 13, 2018, 07:53:54 PM »
There is a cracking Carlton for sale being advertised by Craner Classics on ebay.

Its dark blue in colour and has covered less than K50 miles in its two ownership existence.

I'm just giving a heads up for anyone interested it is located in Nottingham and is for sale at 4,600.

I am only manually driven so this auto would not interest me otherwise I would take a look at it.

The car is backed up by a very detailed history of services etc.

0795omega

Re: Carlton for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 03:49:21 PM »
looks nice but worth nowhere near that,sold mine for 780 before christmas and his isnt much better! yeh im just a little bitter!!

djbthatsme

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 01:25:10 PM »
Hello 0795omega,
I certainly think it looks nice and maybe could agree with you but it would really depend on the standard of the car, which we don't really know without detailed examination.

When you buy a vehicle rectifying even minor issues can take up a lot of  time, inconvenience and cash. However on the flip side of this when you're directly involved with doing the work then this in my opinion goes a long way to really understanding and appreciating the vehicle. 

I can't make an informed decision of the value of your car but bitterness could play a strong part in your comments. Sorry you had to sell your car but
hopefully you will be in a better position this year.

0795omega

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 12:37:14 PM »
hello djb what allways annoys me with dealers selling a car is if you took that car to him to part ex it for something else,they would most probably say oh thats in nice condition youve looked after it well,but im afraid im still only going to offer you 400 for it in px,then they mark it up at that sort of price! i understand they have to make a profit to live but sometimes a wee bit too much,i had 2 cdx models one blue one grey and decided to sell the blue one as i needed a van as was finding myself using the carltons for too many tip runs which didnt sit well with me! so the blue one went onto a fellow enthusiast of them which is good and i still have my beloved grey one.

djbthatsme

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 07:01:30 PM »
Hello 0795omega,
That's why they are dealers, in it to make money. I'm afraid I can't disagree with what you're  saying but then we as enthusiasts have a different motivation so our perceptions of dealers will be blighted by this . I would also suggest that the price the car is advertised at will probably not be the price they eventually sell it at. Having studied the car market for some considerable time with emphasis on the Carlton its my belief that not only are the numbers of Carltons reducing but so are the number of enthusiasts.

To support this theory just look at the depth of interchange in the Total Carlton club. We are hardly communicating, which I've stated previously, so the future IMHO is bleak.
I'm glad that you've still got one of your CDXs - the grey one, bet its an auto.

I did have a white CDI alongside my current maroon coloured CDX for a short while and even though I let it go this is something I still regret.

0795omega

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 01:11:52 PM »
your right my grey one is auto mind you so was the blue one i sold.