Author Topic: Six nations Rugby 2018  (Read 465 times)

djbthatsme

Six nations Rugby 2018
« on: January 11, 2018, 03:17:06 PM »
Are there any other enthusiasts amongst the TC membership.
Having played in days gone by in the North East of England mostly and being brought up to the game, I look forward to the six nations tournament every year.
My team of Wales don't look very favourable this year with so many good players unavailable due to injury.
But this at least gives the up and coming stars a chance to show their capabilities and compete for a permanent position at the top table.

The home nations all proved to be better than previous times which should make for a very entertaining tournament.
England could be perceived as the favourite to win but the other teams performances have been outstanding indicated by their most recent matches.
Take for instance Ireland who recently beat the All Blacks who are the best team I the world. In terms of Scotland I've never seen them play as well as they did
in the Autumn\Winter internationals. Wales could be the dark horse if they perform well against Scotland in the first match that's being played in Cardiff in February.
This could well be a sizzler if the new Welsh internationals take their opportunity to demonstrate their capabilities and I think they will.

This will be worth watching!!! 

djbthatsme

Re: Six nations Rugby 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 07:01:32 AM »
I'm very much an armchair sportsman nowadays which probably is just as well otherwise I would undoubtedly do myself a mischief.
There comes a time when you either have to hang up the boots and give in to reality or take on an exercise routine that as long since been forgotten.
I've heard of one particular guy who was playing football one day but gone the next.
He was in his 80s' and had become accepted amongst the other young footballers who were quite shocked by his demise.

Playing Rugby is distinctly different.

My daughters boyfriend was once a professional footballer playing for Nottingham at the time but he retired some years ago.
I suggested to him that he should watch Rugby if he wanted to see some action played out in a tough environment.
He took my advice and since then he's become an avid supporter of Rugby Union accepting that the sport is more dynamic than football.

I'm sure that others will disagree with me but most of them will have not watched an International to base their argument on.

So if this you why not watch the first match of the Six nations rugby tournament being played 3 February 2018.
It is a home game for Wales and will be worth watching on TV - probably on BBC1 at 3.0 clock.

Why not humour me, then you can argue with me.