Author Topic: 1993 Vauxhall Carlton 2.0i CDX Auto in Rembrandt Silver  (Read 258 times)

Fonzypop

1993 Vauxhall Carlton 2.0i CDX Auto in Rembrandt Silver
« on: October 03, 2017, 08:31:35 PM »
87000 miles, MOT until 31st July 2018, 5 previous owners, Every MOT from new except 2002 & 2009 which confirms low mileage, Service history Ė many at main dealers. Over £700 spent by current Vauxhall enthusiast owner since January 2017, with receipts.

Iíve used it daily for the past 9 months, covering 4000 miles, itís been totally reliable, and great fun to own!

The body has dings, scratches and bits of rust, but itís solid and original, it would be a good base for a show car, or continue to use daily. The interior is excellent. It has the original cassette with 10 CD changer in the boot, heated seats, cruise control, trip computer, 4x electric windows, electric sunroof and central locking.

Itís had in the past 9 months;
4 new firestone tyres
Full service, including oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter and 4 spark plugs.
Gates timing belt kit including tensioner and water pump, fan belt and power steering belt
Full gearbox service, both sumps removed, filter replaced and oil replaced with Castrol ATF
Battery
Heater matrix
Propshaft centre bearing
Both rear subframe bushes
Left front wishbone bush
Rear gearbox mounting
Exhaust back box.

Bad bits
Headlining is coming down a bit at the front
Cruise control is intermittent
NSR window doesnít work
Doesnít always find CD number 10 in the changer
Small chip in the windscreen
Slight weep from the radiator, I top up the water when the light comes on, which is about twice a month.
Slight vibration from propshaft when pulling away Ė this is caused by the new centre bearing being slightly too soft, I tried a stiffer one but it made the car vibrate at speed!

Itís an awesome car that always makes me smile, and I would trust it to take me anywhere, however Iíve always wanted an Astra Bertone and Iíve just purchased one so the Carlton has to go.

Private number plate will be removed and the original number fitted which is L755XRY

Any questions please ring or text

I am 10 minutes from Newcastle railway station and 20 minutes from Newcastle Airport, and collection can be arranged.

Steve 07966 155987, fonzypop@hotmail.com

PS not sure how to post pics so i'll send them on request

0795omega

Re: 1993 Vauxhall Carlton 2.0i CDX Auto in Rembrandt Silver
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 08:25:46 PM »
see its on e-bay bud,looks quite tidy! good luck with the sale,sold mine on there recently.

Fonzypop

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 08:23:58 PM »
Cheers, how do you think itís priced? Iíve been totally honest with the description, warts n all

Steve

0795omega

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 12:21:31 PM »
i dont feel its fair for me to suggest what you price it at but as a guide you might say i recently sold my k reg frost blue cdx on there with an a1 shell,no rust anywhere on it enthusiast owned like yours well cared for,my start bid was £750.00 and had loads of interest in it watchers, page views etc,stupid questions applenty and in the end went for £781.00! a guy from edinburgh bought it and im torquay!! paid a transporter to take it to a mate of his in north wales,then he flew down to it and drove it up,he had the cheek to ask me to delay in sending v5 off as it would show up as taxed still to police,which i didnt, and the day he drove it had the brass neck to text me asking if i still had insurance running on it !! i took great delight in texting him back saying no there is not now! jokers you get unbelievable,good luck bud.

Fonzypop

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 07:00:35 PM »
Thanks for the reply!

You've confirmed my suspicions about it being too expensive. 

Hmmm, what to do! I can't really be arsed with getting messed about on an auction, but may have to!

Steve

0795omega

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 02:26:52 PM »
the trouble is i find nowadays,everybody wants something phenominal for little money! what annoys me is similar condition granada mk3s are allways fetching more! quite annoying.