Author Topic: Hello it's me  (Read 230 times)

doz

• Wanted: Life
  • Southampton
Hello it's me
« on: September 02, 2017, 09:37:12 PM »
Not really a new member  more a returning member. I kinda shut the garage door down on my Carlies a few years ago and walked away. I just lost my mojo. I over did it restoring my LC and apart from nearly bankrupting me it killed my love for the big vx's. Well  anyway today I opened the garage to see if I still owned an LC and a gsi  or if they had turned to dust. I'm glad to report both cars are still in excellent condition  all be it very dusty. It was like getting lucky with a barn find even though I put them there  ;D . With some soothing words, new battery and fresh fuel the LC fired up easy enough, still haven't finished the resto though  ::) The gsi I gave to my lad and it's going to be a Pa and lad project. As he's only 13 we've got plenty of time to get that done. Right enough waffling I'm off to read the boards. Speak soon guys n girls.
Wafting air biscuits up the noses of the bureaucrats since 1970 
92 GSI 24v manual
92 LC

0795omega

Re: Hello it's me
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 07:26:09 PM »
welcome back,glad you got your mojo back! at least you didnt sell them off.

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 08:44:20 PM »
Welcome back,
you forgot the photos of the dust  :)
much work to do on the LC ?
good that your getting your lad involved, learning about cars will save him a fortune in the long run.
getting him insurance to drive your LC on his 17th birthday may be pricey mind  ;D
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

doz

• Southampton
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 02:07:35 PM »
Hi Dave. I'll start thread about the dust and what I've got left to do. Not to much mainly powder coating and interior
Wafting air biscuits up the noses of the bureaucrats since 1970 
92 GSI 24v manual
92 LC

PeterC

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 06:33:53 PM »
Powder coating ha ha ?.

Welcome back.
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.