Author Topic: Help  (Read 147 times)

Turnip

Help
« on: July 27, 2017, 10:53:34 PM »
I need to take off my abs pump and run no abs dose anyone have a Carlton without abs so I can see how pipes run and if I need any valves or any bits

Dave the Builder

• Wanted: Life
  • Swadlincote,Derbyshire
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 11:34:12 AM »
IIRC , the carlton was the first to have ABS fitted as standard across the range , from 1.8L to 3.0GSi
removing abs would invalidate insurance !
if you have a fault with your abs ,do a search on here, it's well covered.
if you want to remove ABS for a non road going "track day car" you'd need a rear pressure reducing valve .
75% of the braking is done by front brakes
such a NON ABS system and components can be found on budget Vauxhall astra G (mk 4 1998-2004)
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

Turnip

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 08:47:39 PM »
I had a Carlton years ago a 1.8 on carb think it was a E reg lol it had no abs need to get rid off pump there no room in my engine bay I no if you take it off properly it is ok for insurance and the mot

chris

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 09:45:11 PM »
I would imagine that like any modification as long as you tell the insurance company then insurance wont be a problem.
ABS isnt a legal requirement but like most features on cars or bikes if its fitted it has to work, removing the whole system including its indicator lamps should be fine.

Turnip

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 01:18:39 PM »
Just need to find a car to copy off or a drawing and need a compensation valve I been told

djbthatsme

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 06:05:44 PM »
Why not speak to your insurance company to confirm your position?

There is of course other ways of finding out such as asking Honest John.
If you're not aware there is a site called Honest John which will provide advice on this topic.

Nothing lost and possibly much to gain.

Turnip

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 09:27:31 PM »
My insurance is ok I have trade insurance for modify cars it got a supercharger sticking out bonnet lol so abs not be to much just need to see about best way to get rid off abs pump make bit more room under bonnet lol