Author Topic: Free to a good home  (Read 192 times)

30N

• South Nottingham. COYP
Free to a good home
« on: June 25, 2017, 06:40:59 AM »
My Carlton 3.0CDX  manual. Garage that started the rest have completely let me down. The car has had a fair bit of fabrication work which includes, new cills, lower rear quarters, rear balance and two new wings. There are still several small welding repairs required. The car was painted but looks like things have been lent up against it so it's scratched, it can have local repairs to the paint but would be quicker to paint the whole thing. Interior needs work, headlining shot. It breaks my heart to see this car like it is and I just don't have the time or space to sort it. I have everything to make the car complete except for a few bits of trim. I have had this car for the best part of 20 years, in that time genuine bumpers, fog lights and a timing chain have been fitted. It's currently fitted with Omega alloys and perished Continental tyres. Ideally this rarest of Carltons will need stripping completely and starting again. PM if interested
3.0 CDX. Grace,space and pace
Holden Commodore HSV GTS 003

0795omega

Re: Free to a good home
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 02:33:03 PM »
sorry to here your sad tale bud,know exactly what you mean about being let down by body repairers ive dealt with so many jokers near me for my cars,tell you bring it in at a certain day+time then totally ignore its presence for 7 weeks! in my case,killing the battery etc in the meantime,had one so long once even the mot expired! had to drive it straight for a test on getting it back jokers! people make me laugh who go into business self-employed and treat peoples cars this way you simply never recommend or use them again! hope you find her a good home and best of luck certainly sounds a rare one being 3.0 cdx manual?

stemo

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 12:07:58 PM »
PM'd!

Turnip

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 11:28:04 PM »
Sound a nice project

30N

• South Nottingham. COYP
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 11:36:42 AM »
Thanks for your interest but I've decided to finish the car after much persuasion from the wife.
3.0 CDX. Grace,space and pace
Holden Commodore HSV GTS 003