Author Topic: Another years luxury motoring  (Read 179 times)

PeterC

• Wanted: Life
Another years luxury motoring
« on: May 18, 2017, 06:26:47 PM »
Yes, Rosie has another MOT  8).

Only briefly failed. I gave the garage some cash to replace a leaking fuel line. It was the short one from the vacuum valve (iirc) to the filter. Mechanic reckoned the filter looked new and when changed the short pipe was probably bent too much whilst fitting it. He reckons the other hoses were OK. The short broken one was very bitty  :o - surprised any fuel stayed in it  ::).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:28:30 PM by PeterC »
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
Re: Another years luxury motoring
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:08:52 PM »
well done  :)

worth checking the 2 rubber fuel lines that go from fuel rail to the rigid pipe ,
(driver side inner wing by chassis rail)  ;)
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

PeterC

Re: Another years luxury motoring
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 10:47:06 PM »
Thanks Dave.

Good point. In  fact, some time ago,  Mr Mad has "been there seen em and done em" regarding the ones to the fuel rack.
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.