Author Topic: Power steering hoses  (Read 899 times)

djbthatsme

Power steering hoses
« on: March 12, 2017, 08:02:46 AM »
The hoses on my 2.0L carlton CDX are clearly showing signs of leakage which need repairing or changing pretty soon. I have time to do this before the MOT later on this year but will probably need to fit replacements soon. If I recall correctly there are three hoses with connections that are clearly visible and easy to get to, so changing them shouldn't be a problem. All three are wet with oil and whilst the leakage may be reduced or even stopped the hoses are showing signs of age and will probably deteriorate even more before long.

I was wondering where I would be able to source replacements. Does anyone know if pipes from other cars such as Omegas could be used or where I could  buy new ones.

Thanks for your help guys. ::)

Dave the Builder

• Wanted: Life
  • Swadlincote,Derbyshire
Re: Power steering hoses
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 12:21:17 PM »
you'd be better off giving the pipes a clean first and find out where the leak is  ;)

could just be a simple case of tightening the clips on the bottom of the reservoir

or, repairing one section of the pipe

some complex shapes on the pipes including both flexi and rigid  sections

used set on ebay

clicky used ebay
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

von-opel

• "Broadsword calling danny boy"
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 08:50:58 PM »
When I was doing my Omega A 3000 / Carlton GSI a few years back, I used this firm. (Turnaround time was about 14 days)

http://www.spectrum-hose.co.uk/power-steering-hoses/

stemo

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 10:45:27 PM »
If you're feeling a little flush, Pirtek are very good. They'll probably even outlast the car!

djbthatsme

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 06:03:33 PM »
Thanks guys for your replies, my apologies for this late response.
von-opel I would not be happy in removing and sending the hoses away to be repaired although it may be a consideration in the future if the issue cannot be resolved. The problem as been going on for some time but I still have power steering. The pipe in question shows some wetness and it may just need some minor attention. I've brought this to your attention just because its there and maybe someone else as had the same problem. I shall look into Pirtek stemo thanks for the tip.

djbthatsme

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 06:28:07 PM »
Sorry for the lateness of this reply sadly this is what happens when you get older often occurring when it becomes your round in the pub or when its paying up time.

To put a close to the thread, I managed to get the hoses down in my local garage and since then they've been spot on fortunately.

Job done.