Author Topic: really nice 2.0 cd manual saloon for sale e-bay  (Read 661 times)

0795omega

really nice 2.0 cd manual saloon for sale e-bay
« on: August 06, 2016, 11:23:29 AM »
see on there at the mo,occasionally see this going around near me got side by side with him once at two lane traffic lights in my grey cdx and pamped at him and gave him a thumbs up! got talking to him at a petrol station about 11years ago and complimented him on how good it looked,said he,d had rear arches done and various spraying by a pukka bodyshop he allways drove it very sedately as i recall was a chap in his late fiftys,although i dont think the guy selling now is him? rekon he px it in for something and this guy got hold of it? all in all though a really nice example.

djbthatsme

Re: really nice 2.0 cd manual saloon for sale e-bay
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 12:08:32 PM »
Hello 0795omega,
 Are you referring to the dark blue "J" registered Carlton which as just appeared on Ebay? 

0795omega

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 07:43:44 PM »
thats right yes

djbthatsme

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 06:56:46 PM »
Hello 0795omega,
If the cars not to far from you would you consider taking a look at it for me and perhaps getting the owner to take it for a test run? The cars located miles from me and the owner says theres a couple of faults. Thanks
David 

0795omega

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 08:26:15 PM »
will try before it ends but am v busy with work mon -weds,will try thu to view it? if he can do that?

djbthatsme

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 02:05:30 PM »
Hello 0795omega,
Thanks for the offer to view the car but at the moment I'm having to reconsider my position and would not want to inconvenience you. If things change perhaps I could ask you to view the vehicle in the future.
Thanks once again for your help.
djbthatsme

0795omega

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 09:30:26 PM »
ok thanks for letting me know bud no problem

0795omega

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 12:37:37 PM »
see its back on e-bay,600.00 buy now he had a messer!! messers on e-bay never!!

0795omega

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 12:17:15 PM »
i saw the guy who originally owned it in my local sainsburys the other night,recognised him from when i saw him out and about in the car,said to him excuse me are you the guy who had the carlton? he says yes thats right is that your grey one outside? yes i said,then i went on to ask why he kissed goodbye to it after so many years? and he said it had a fault whereby it would die occasionally when going along and sometimes refusing to start also AA man suggested crank sensor to him but i said did you ever change the fuel pump relay? and he said no so there you go i rekon and also had a bad vibration running through it at 20 mph went away when going left round corners,i was thinking rear subframe bushes on that one? as he said hed had the prop all reconned so that should be good? thing i established with him is he doesnt use the internet or indeed have it!! i informed him of this excellent forum where he could of solved its problems i think and buy parts off e-bay for instance,he said the last time it failed on him he must off been making noises to the AA man hed had enough now and wanted to part company with it whereby the AA guy offered him 100 for it !!! needless to say he wasnt very happy when i said id seen it on e-bay fetch about 600! shame its now left my area i liked looking out for it,just my 2 and a gorgeous red gsi near me now!