Author Topic: Me and the Council  (Read 937 times)

djbthatsme

Me and the Council
« on: July 16, 2016, 02:34:11 PM »
I figured something must happen during my most recent trip to Wales in July 2016. ;D The car hadn't broken down, which is something of a miracle in itself, as shown in my previous dialogues. I really shouldn't have felt so smug because during my stay a letter was put through the letterbox by a council employee, not by the normal post. The letter in fact was an official notice by the council titled Prevention of Damage by pests Act 1949 Sec. 4. stating that there was overgrowth and if I didn't cut this back within 14 days they would do it and charge me accordingly. :'( The problem was that there wasn't any real excess growth to a garden I had been tending for over 10 years but the best is yet to come. 8) The Council in their order made against me then sited a completely different address to the one they were initially writing about. The other address is located miles away and as nothing to do with me.  So the order is addressed to me to keep free from vermin at one address by cutting back overgrowth and removing all domestic waste at a different address some miles away.  ::) ::)
Ooh I do like these things, now I can have some fun with the Council, the plonkers.   
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 04:51:13 PM by djbthatsme »

Street Sleeper

Re: Me and the Council
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 04:08:45 PM »
Haha I'm annoying my local council at the moment, a house out the back has had what i can only describe as a watch tower built on their roof and i have so far spoken to at least four different people at the planning dept. and it just makes me laugh how no-one there seems to own the problem just pass it on like a case of herpes. Oh well it does give good sport when you pretty muchcall them a shower of shit and see their waffling response!!
89 Project tube GSI 6000 16V!

djbthatsme

Re: Me and the Council
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 08:59:30 AM »
Hello Street Sleeper,
Its good to know that the inability to think exists elsewhere in other councils, then perhaps this is a prerequisite to working for the council. The wages\salaries they pay will not be enormous so the council will not be attracting the best applicants for the positions. They will then generally be left with applicants who will probably not be able to think to extensively.

Employees may have also been  selected on the ability to pass the buck ie. NIMBY. ;D