Author Topic: Rugby fans?  (Read 1681 times)

djbthatsme

Rugby fans?
« on: March 14, 2016, 07:06:12 PM »
Are there any rugby fans out there and did you watch the Wales \ England match?

stemo

Re: Rugby fans?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 08:49:51 PM »
Yes and yes! Tense at the end, but Itoje is going to develop into one hell of a player.

djbthatsme

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 06:03:01 PM »
From the sound of it Stemo you're an English fan and you will no doubt be able to guess who I support, coming as I do from the valleys. What can I say ? Whilst Wales lost it was only by 4 points and the way things were going at the end they nearly snatched it. Granted England were the better team on the day but the real  inspirational rugby was played in the last 15 minutes by Wales showing what they can do.  ;D

stemo

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 09:31:34 PM »
It was bloody close. We got a card and some forced subs and seemed to just fall apart! If only the Welsh could play like that all the time  :P

djbthatsme

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 03:36:46 PM »
Perhaps the early lacklustre performance by Wales was due to the lack of brains beer or perhaps to much twickers grog. ;D Welsh indiscipline gave away to many penalties gifting England with many of the points they got. The Samson Lee/Marler incident was nothing but handbags which in days gone by would have been laughed at after the game in the bar over a pint or two. ;D Unfortunately the George North incident in the second half could have been a match breaker. North wasn't in touch when the linesman ruled he was, towards the end of the game, which stifled the possibility of another late try but thats the way it goes. On the flip side to that the Welsh substitute prop was very lucky to get away with just being penalised when he made contact with his opposite numbers face with his hands, this could so easily have been a yellow card.  :-X

djbthatsme

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 05:16:56 PM »
Are the powers in the rugby world losing sight of reality or are they just being over protective. Its difficult to understand which considering that the Marlers' incident as eventually lead to him being fined 20,000 and left to enjoy a 2 weeks suspension. Clearly we shouldn't return to bygone days of the game when gouging, biting, ball squeezing and punching were par for the course but its always been a very physical game and to remove all contentious features would straightjacket the sport. Give me rugby any day over soccer where players are more friendly with their opposites at the local Friday night dance.    ;D ;D