Author Topic: Heated seats query  (Read 1703 times)

karol mk2 cdti

Heated seats query
« on: December 17, 2015, 11:54:26 PM »
The plug for the heated seat only comes as far as the ABS ecu on the passenger side and the car loom plug is at the front of the seat but there is at least 6-8 inches apart.

The drivers side I can't find the car loom plug?

Any ideas what I am missing?

bstardchild

• Wanted: Life
Re: Heated seats query
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 12:17:41 AM »
The plug for the heated seat only comes as far as the ABS ecu on the passenger side and the car loom plug is at the front of the seat but there is at least 6-8 inches apart.

The drivers side I can't find the car loom plug?

Any ideas what I am missing?

Take the seats out - look under the carpet

If you don't route them the right way round the rear footwell heater vents then they don't reach the seats
Cheers

BC

"The Lotus Carlton is not tail happy honestly - as long as you accept it has 377 bhp and 419 lb/ft of torque, is rear drive and has no driver aids, it's fine."

karol mk2 cdti

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 09:46:04 AM »
Good morning Ian. The carpet is out already. Well the front section of both sides anyway. The plug on the car loom runs along the front of the seat? Also will the heated seat work both the base and back part like on modern cars or is it just the base that heats?

bstardchild

• Wanted: Life
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 01:00:07 PM »
Good morning Ian. The carpet is out already. Well the front section of both sides anyway. The plug on the car loom runs along the front of the seat? Also will the heated seat work both the base and back part like on modern cars or is it just the base that heats?

Seat back and base are heated

It will all work or none of it will work - normally none of it works
Cheers

BC

"The Lotus Carlton is not tail happy honestly - as long as you accept it has 377 bhp and 419 lb/ft of torque, is rear drive and has no driver aids, it's fine."