Author Topic: Thoughts on the registration process  (Read 4418 times)

Knez

Thoughts on the registration process
« on: May 25, 2015, 08:43:32 AM »
Hi,

I just got my account activated, after trying to register on the forum 4 or 5 times the last 6 months or so.
What I had to do in the end was to reach out to the Vauxhall Owners Club Facebook page and ask kindly to get my account activated, since it never worked before.

I think you need to look over your activation routines, or just secure the site enough so you don't need admin approval to get an account properly registered. One think to do to start with should be to update the forum software (SMF) from the old 1.1.17 you're currently running to the most recent 1.1.21.

There must be a lot or Senator and Carlton people trying to register, but never gets an approval.
Or maybe I'm wrong and I'm the only one who has experienced any problems ;)

But, thanks for the add (at last). Hope to get to know you all :)

Murph

• Administrator
  • Wanted: Life
Re: Thoughts on the registration process
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 04:56:27 PM »
We have alot of problems with spammers so he admin approval was put in place to combat this, however it's not a perfect solution and I'm sorry to hear you've had problems.

I would guess that your chosen user name just didnt 'feel' like a genuine one - we get alot of such names that turn out to be spammers.  Looks like we're just getting too cynical!

Anyhoo... welcome aboard mate.

Knez

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 05:04:12 PM »
Thanks man! My user name is actually my real last name. Can't get any more genuine than that ;)

bstardchild

• Wanted: Life
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 08:56:30 PM »
Thanks man! My user name is actually my real last name. Can't get any more genuine than that ;)

Glad I registered a while back...................

Actually on some forums I had to change my std user name for forums because it caused offence!!
Cheers

BC

"The Lotus Carlton is not tail happy honestly - as long as you accept it has 377 bhp and 419 lb/ft of torque, is rear drive and has no driver aids, it's fine."