Author Topic: Senator bumpers  (Read 2174 times)

djbthatsme

Senator bumpers
« on: October 15, 2014, 06:29:32 PM »
Both the rear and front bumpers seem as if they could be split  into three sections - does anyone know for sure if this is the case?

Also, are the chrome retaining clips easy to buy or as anyone have any to sell?

carlton_mad

• 3.0 CDX and now Diamond 3.0 24v
  • Administrator
  • Wanted: Life
  • dartford kent
Re: Senator bumpers
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 08:20:11 PM »
The bumpers will split into their component sections but will need plastic welding back together
what would life be like if we all drove fwd cars? feckin boring that's what rear drive or bust

djbthatsme

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »
Thanks carlton-mad,
as you're probably aware from a previous post I'm trying to repair both the front and rear bumpers. The front bumper as been in a slight collision denting the chrome and marking the plastic of the n\s corner section of the bumper. Ideally the n\s corner of the bumper together with the chrome could be replaced. Are you aware of any problems that I might come across during the plastic welding during the repair? 

The chrome on the n\s and central sections of the rear bumper have sprung out of position and could perhaps be firmly relocated if I could acquire some new clips.The bumper itself is Ok. 

Do you perhaps have any clips in your stock of spare parts - I'm only hoping.

There is also a section of chrome missing on the o\s that marries up with the central chrome section which is in situ. I will also need to replace this part together with the appropriate clips.

Thanks once again carlton-mad for your help.   

Winky

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 03:24:25 PM »
Have you tried Vx for the clips?

The Duke

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 11:52:31 AM »
The sections with the chrome strips unclip from the main body of the bumper (3 sections on the rear, 2 on the front). The chrome strips are held in from the rear by plastic clips to the removable sections. The clips are brittle plastic and always break so Vx are your best bet for those. I'm not aware of any plastic welding being necessary unless you break something  ??? Removing the sections and chrome strips is best done with the bumpers of the car and from the back.

djbthatsme

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 03:24:38 PM »
Thanks for your comments "Duke" they sound logical and probably be the way forward for me to resolve the problem.  ;DWho do you refer to when you mention Vx, is it Vauxhall or just Vx I should be looking for on the net? ???

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • Wanted: Life
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 01:43:05 PM »

Do you perhaps have any clips in your stock of spare parts - I'm only hoping.

Ha ha!!!
Just one now -
94' Senator 24V Ex-Old Bill - The White Pearl

Winky

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 05:09:38 PM »
Who do you refer to when you mention Vx, is it Vauxhall or just Vx I should be looking for on the net? ???

When you see Vx we mean Vauxhall themselves. Try your local dealer for the clips.

djbthatsme

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 06:31:58 PM »
Thanks Winky