Author Topic: Sunroof  (Read 2441 times)

Valv1866

Sunroof
« on: August 06, 2014, 07:14:26 AM »
Morning All,

The last couple of times when it's been raining overnight, I'm getting a water leak onto the passenger seat fron the front left corner of the sunroof. It seems that a pool of water is sitting inside of the sliding mechanism just above the white plastic trim, so when the car moves, the pool of water drips onto the seat (and unfortunate passenger if there is one!)

There is no water ingress when the car is standing, which leaves me to believe that the water stays up above the trim and then dries up if the car is not used.

With the roof open, it is not evident where the source of the water is coming from, just a small pool of water on top of the black plastic inside of the sliding mechanism.

Has anyone encountered something like this?

Thanks Rob

copper

• fan of old rock music 80s
Re: Sunroof
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 06:25:55 PM »
have u got a blocked drain pipe there are 4 one on each corner above the roof lining .

Valv1866

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 01:10:37 PM »
Could be, it was raining again yesterday and when I opened the roof, there was no pool of water, seems to only happen if the car is revesed into the drive, which is strange as my drive doesn't have a slope!

nightmare

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 11:21:49 AM »
Pour some water on the drive and watch the direction it flows. All drives should slope away from the property or incorporate a drain in between it and the property.

Also sunroof is mounted towards the front of the roof and therefore slopes towards the front of the car, that combined with the drives drainage slope would cause the water to collect in the front.

Check the N/S front drain, probably blocked.

HTH
Easy going untill PUSHED!!!!

Valv1866

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 05:06:08 AM »
Will do, much obliged to you