Author Topic: Stuck CD  (Read 2366 times)

djbthatsme

Stuck CD
« on: July 25, 2014, 05:20:44 PM »
Hello all,
How do i eject a CD that is stuck in my CD player in my Carlton?

Any advice gratefully accepted

Thankyou

copper

• fan of old rock music 80s
Re: Stuck CD
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 10:39:45 PM »
press button on autochanger

PeterC

• Wanted: Life
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 11:08:14 AM »
Oh and make sure it is powered up (ignition on perhaps). IIrc slide open the plastic cover/door on the autochnger. THEN press the eject button (cannot remmeber where it is - I think behind that cover). Then the whole cartridge containing up to 10 CD comes out. Remove the cartrige (about 5Cm x 12Cm x 12Cm. Each location has a blue plastic bit you can gently slide to bring the CD out.
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.

djbthatsme

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 12:46:28 PM »
Thanks for your replies Copper and PeterC.

I think you must have been smiling\laughing Copper when you replied, the CD is stuck in position and no end of pressing the eject button will release it - I have tried.
PeterC from your description it seems that you are referring to a multi change unit, which mine isn't. My CD player can only hold one CD at a time so your suggestion unfortunately does not fit.
Thanks for your help guys.

Winky

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 07:55:07 PM »
My CD player can only hold one CD at a time so your suggestion unfortunately does not fit.
Thanks for your help guys.

Which means you have the Blaupunkt Memphis unit where the CD goes in a cassette first.

All I can suggest is pressing the eject button continuously i.e. press it, let it try to eject, fail, press it again, let it try to eject, fail, repeat, repeat. This may eventually lead to it clearing itself. Failing that, the cassette doesn't sit too far down in the unit so maybe get a screwdriver into & onto the cassette & after you've hit eject try & lever the cassette upwards to give it a 'helping hand'.

copper

• fan of old rock music 80s
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 11:17:53 PM »
if your radio is a memphis i had one of them fantastic radio didnt have any problems with mine and if i remember the cd doesnt actually go into the radio its a seperate unit underneath the radio with its own security code ,best to get someone who no,s what they doing,might b interested if u decide to get rid of them both .

djbthatsme

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 12:11:58 PM »
Thanks for your replies Winky and Copper,
You're quite right I have the ICE where the CD player is located beneath the radio and without checking I believe it is a Blaupunkt Memphis. The CD fits into a plastic case which is then slipped into the CD player and plays accordingly. The radio and CD player have separate codes which have to be input to allow the individual facility to work.

Winky, I shall try to do what you suggest and see what comes of it.

Thanks for your support guys.