Author Topic: Getting Senator radio to accept codes?  (Read 1385 times)

djbthatsme

Getting Senator radio to accept codes?
« on: July 25, 2014, 05:18:08 PM »
Hello all,
How do i get the radio\CD players on my Senator to accept the codes?

I have both codes for the radio\Cd that are in the car I have recently bought but the units don't allow input. The radio shows "car" but doesn't change to the position which allows the code to be entered.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Thankyou. 

copper

• fan of old rock music 80s
Re: Getting Senator radio to accept codes?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 10:50:52 PM »
maybe someone has tried to many times to put code in and blocked them which means they need recoding ,ive had this before and it was about 5 years ago cost 50 quid but it did work afterwards best radio i ever had blaupunk memphis ,untill car got nicked .

djbthatsme

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »
Thanks for your reply Copper,
I'm afraid I have to agree with your conclusion its finding a way to resolve the problem now. Anyone else got any ideas please respond.

Winky

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 07:57:57 PM »
IIRC from 'CAR' you should be able to start entering the code.

Failing that, if too many attempts have been tried you need to leave the unit on overnight as the time its blocked doubles up on each attempt so wityh a bit of luck you should be allowed to enter the code in the morning/the follwoing day sometime.

djbthatsme

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 11:52:10 AM »
Thanks for your reply Winky,
On my Carlton the set-up is the same as on the Senator and from following this and the Senator handbook the "car" should change to allow code input but it doesn't. I haven't tried leaving the unit on overnight and then see if it will accept the code. Thanks Winky, I'll try this.