Author Topic: Sunroof drain pipes  (Read 1854 times)

nightmare

Sunroof drain pipes
« on: June 10, 2014, 04:59:58 PM »
Hi everyone,
How much of the roof lining has to be removed/lowered to refit the O/S/R Sunroof drain pipe?
I.E. Can I get away with removing the rear quarter pillar trims to reach it?

Thanks in advance.
Easy going untill PUSHED!!!!

PeterC

• Wanted: Life
Re: Sunroof drain pipes
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »
If you don't have to move the pipe then its a simple push fit onto the plastic drain outlet (on each corner). You should be able to drop the ceiling trim from around the sunroof. Then slide your hand in and PULL the pipe beck on. The ceiling trim is VERY FRAGILE.

When I stripped my estate I tried to remove the four sunroof drain pipes. The rear two I never succeeded in unthreading. The front two were easy but that was all done with NO trim etc etc left in the car. The piped go down between the inner and outer skins of the door pillers and must be snagging on things - puzzled me as someone must have got them in there at the factory.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:43:42 PM by PeterC »
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.

nightmare

Re: Sunroof drain pipes
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 11:12:54 AM »
Thanks PeterC I'll give it a go.
Easy going untill PUSHED!!!!