Author Topic: Boot area - shape?  (Read 1495 times)

Harrygsi

Boot area - shape?
« on: May 27, 2014, 01:44:49 PM »
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me please if the boot area floor shape is the same for both the Carlton & the Omega?.........looking at these:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-OMEGA-SALOON-BOOT-MAT-LINER-ANTI-SLIP-RUBBER-/220708203429?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AOmega&hash=item33633beba5

Seller reckons they will fit a Carlton?

Can anyone confirm this please?

Peter

PeterC

• Wanted: Life
Re: Boot area - shape?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 04:48:35 PM »
Probably very little difference because in the UK the Omega is in fact the European Omega B. The EU Omega A is what we know as the last version of the Carlton. Same factory just a name difference really.
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.

The Duke

Re: Boot area - shape?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 11:49:42 AM »
It just looks like a large rubber mat to me not a moulded plastic tray as I suspect you think it is so it should fit whatever shape of boot you put it in. Machine mart used to sell them and that's where I got mine from for my Carlton, I just trimmed it with scissors to fit the boot shape.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:54:09 AM by The Duke »