Author Topic: Hi Guys  (Read 3625 times)

Gumball_3000

Hi Guys
« on: May 13, 2014, 09:42:52 AM »
Just bought a LC and need a few bits , its hard trying to get bits and advice about carltons so i thought this was the ideal place to come !!

Murph

• Administrator
  • Wanted: Life
Re: Hi Guys
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 01:09:02 PM »
Welcome aboard mate.
What bits are you after?  You will find all the help and advice you need here mate.

Gumball_3000

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 01:23:35 PM »
Looking for

Both front indicator lenses
4 x head rests
Clock
Poss visc fan
Maybe other bits to come lol.

Murph

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 04:44:59 PM »
What year is the car?
I'm assuming it's a facelift (91 onwards) and if so I have the indicators brand new and boxed.
Should also have a clock.

Gumball_3000

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 05:46:50 PM »
yes m8 it is a 93 .
And as of today i need a radiator too  :-[

PeterC

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 06:11:04 PM »
Welcome aboard.

Where are you located btw ?.
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.

Gumball_3000

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 06:49:26 PM »
Welcome aboard.

Where are you located btw ?.

Thanks , I am in Liverpool.

copper

• fan of old rock music 80s
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 08:38:33 PM »
hi there u dont c many if any carltons up north of any model i was up that way last year in yorkshire didnt c 1 all week .

Gumball_3000

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 11:02:27 AM »
What year is the car?
I'm assuming it's a facelift (91 onwards) and if so I have the indicators brand new and boxed.
Should also have a clock.

Will take it all m8 thanks , i have pm you

Winky

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 11:39:33 AM »
Hi Paul

You'll get more LC specific help on ABS as there are only a few of us on here that have LCs but whilst you wait for forum access I can tell you the LC rad is specific to them. A GSi or Senny rad can be made to fit but is slightly smaller in size & core so with the known cooling issue of an LC (not an issue as such but you don't want it overheating) you may be better off going for a re-core. We did do a group buy on ABS about 8 years ago but they were all taken.

Headrests whilst not LC specific, the colour is. You could get standard black ones & have then re-trimmed or coloured using dye & get the seats done at the same time to tidy up any scuffs on the bolsters.

Regards

Mike

Gumball_3000

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 12:27:54 PM »
Hi Paul

You'll get more LC specific help on ABS as there are only a few of us on here that have LCs but whilst you wait for forum access I can tell you the LC rad is specific to them. A GSi or Senny rad can be made to fit but is slightly smaller in size & core so with the known cooling issue of an LC (not an issue as such but you don't want it overheating) you may be better off going for a re-core. We did do a group buy on ABS about 8 years ago but they were all taken.

Headrests whilst not LC specific, the colour is. You could get standard black ones & have then re-trimmed or coloured using dye & get the seats done at the same time to tidy up any scuffs on the bolsters.

Regards

Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike,

I am getting the rad sorted , its getting a re core.
I am trying to join ABS sent payment and e mailed forms monday but as yet not heard anything back.
Think i have sorted some head rests out , i have no idea where the ones out of the car have gone , it has got some weird ones in it.
A few other little job still to do and i will be happy.

Cheers
Paul

Winky

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 02:08:11 PM »
I am trying to join ABS sent payment and e mailed forms monday but as yet not heard anything back.

I did reply to you on PH that I'd received the payment (I'm treasurer) & have informed the membership secretary & forum manager (both are also on PH & here) so you may well have access later today.

Whats the build number of your car & we'll find some history on it?

Gumball_3000

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 02:56:55 PM »

I did reply to you on PH that I'd received the payment (I'm treasurer) & have informed the membership secretary & forum manager (both are also on PH & here) so you may well have access later today.

Whats the build number of your car & we'll find some history on it?

Yeah i saw that on PH before , build is 880
Cheers
paul

Valv1866

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 07:05:58 PM »
hi there u dont c many if any carltons up north of any model i was up that way last year in yorkshire didnt c 1 all week .

The GLi is my daily driver and just outside Chester so I'm not so far from Liverpool!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:12:00 PM by Valv1866 »