Author Topic: Hello from Kent  (Read 2770 times)

chrisP

Hello from Kent
« on: March 14, 2014, 06:18:15 PM »
Hi, I bumped into a guy from this site at the Vauxhall spares day last week, Murph?
Anyway, thank you to him for directing me here.

A brief bit about me:

I own a 2.0 Diplomat manual in Spectral Blue with 247k on the clock (I bet there are many Carltons out there with way more than this as mine has run on quality synthetic oil all it's life and never been apart, they seem to be bomb-proof!).

I bought it in 1999 with 89k and have driven it through Germany, France, Austria, Slovenia and all of the U.K. I had it fully resprayed two years ago, excluding the engine bay, and it's my everyday car sharing duties with my '68 Victor.
I also have a solid but slightly scruffy Bordeaux (?) Red Diplomat 2.0 auto too that I bought to run whilst the blue one was being repainted. It turned out to be registered as scrapped and now the MOT has expired it requires a VIC (?) check, not that that was disclosed by the ebayer I bought it from  :(

I'm an FD fan as much as a Carlton one, and I spend a lot of time restoring/driving them and I'm very active in the Vauxhall FD Register, on the subject of the ABS club & 4-cylinder cars I was reading before this post, the FD club are not keen on judging people's cars to see who's is best (or put another way 'who has the most money') and they don't discriminate against any incarnation of the model - there aren't enough of them left to be wasting time segregating a models' owners.
Anyway, I would be happy to meet anyone with a Carlton of any engine size / model. I go to Billing every year but usually in an FD - I did take the Carlton in 2009/10/11 but was parked on the FD stand, I may well take it again so come say hello if you see it, if not come and find me if my yellow Victor is opposite the ABS stand and we can ignore my old banger and talk Carltons!

Chris.

Dave the Builder

• Wanted: Life
  • Swadlincote,Derbyshire
Re: Hello from Kent
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 07:06:10 PM »
Welcome  :)
 totalcarlton have a meet on May the 18th if your free,
plenty of carlton owners and Carltons too hopefully  :D

The Venue

Sixfields
Sixfields Leisure,
Northampton
Northamptonshire
NN5 5QL

this is a hungry horse pub and the menu can be found on the website http://www.hungryhorse.co.uk
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

chrisP

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 07:21:29 PM »
Thanks Dave, I'll do my best but it's 120 miles from me and I'm working on my VX 4/90 to try and get it ready for Billing in July. I should be able to spare a day to meet up with you guys though.

Chris.

carlton_mad

• 3.0 CDX and now Diamond 3.0 24v
  • Administrator
  • dartford kent
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 08:04:41 PM »
Hey Chris TCHQ is in Dartford any parts,help and advice you may need is close to your doorstep-ish!!

best regards Chris!
what would life be like if we all drove fwd cars? feckin boring that's what rear drive or bust

Murph

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 08:06:59 PM »
Welcome to TC Chris.
Did you get your windows sorted?

PeterC

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 10:39:52 PM »
Welcome Chris. Where abouts are you ?.
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.