Author Topic: Injector cleaning service!  (Read 4034 times)

bootie3367

• Global Moderator
  • Wanted: Life
  • *Ahem* Enix village, Spain, miles from Murph!
Injector cleaning service!
« on: June 25, 2013, 08:40:43 AM »
Some of you guys from ABS will remember the injector cleaning service carried out by a member.
Sadly he is no longer able to carry out this service.
To that end, I have been in touch with a chap who advertised on eBay. I have been trying to negotiate a discount exchange service, I have given him a set of old 24v injectors for the purposes of starting off the exchange service. Once I get my 2.6 12v set back, I will send him the others so he can use them for the same purpose.
There is still some negotiation to be done on the amount of the discount but I think we should get a good deal. It helps some when the chap owns a very nice looking Royale as well so he will be familiar with big old Vauxhalls like ours.

Soon as I get a firm figure from him, I'll let you guys know, perhaps convince him to join both forums?
I realise not everyone has a 6 pot, but it may be that someone has a set of injectors for the four pots that they could donate and help kick start an exchange programme for them as well.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers from a grey and cloudy and hot and sticky Malaysia.

Jon
Drives: 2.6 CDXi estate, Lowered, 16" 5 spokes. De-catted. Soon to be chipped (maybe)

melinx

• WHO created me in his own image ?
Re: Injector cleaning service!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:52:22 AM »
Alternatively, just put some BG44k into the fuel, it will be much cheaper ;)

http://totalcarlton.com/forums/index.php/topic,9891.msg81025.html#msg81025

bootie3367

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »
Yes I read that with interest.
However this guy does the works, re-jetting to spec, replacing any/all worn parts.

His eBay price is 12 per unit but he has bandied about a 15% discount for the likes of ABS and possibly us as well. Still to tie him down on that though.

Once I can get a final answer from him I'll post it all up so you guys can decide.

Jon
Drives: 2.6 CDXi estate, Lowered, 16" 5 spokes. De-catted. Soon to be chipped (maybe)

Johnny A

• A 2.0 Carlton that chases Lotus' finest about?
  • 2 Carltons, 6 litres, 10 cylinders and one turbo
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 05:51:19 PM »
If you think a bottle of super magic pixie dust into the fuel will yeild the same results as an ultrasonic clean and calibration you need you're head checked.
1993 Carlton Estate 2.0 16v Turbo camo edition
1989 Lotus Carlton replica - M4000 edition!

Pedro

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 08:51:38 PM »
Nice work, Mr Bootie.  ;)

Have to say, these fuel additives cleaners and - as Mr A. says - 'magic pixie dust'  potions are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.....but as ever, you pays yer money, you takes yer choice.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 11:31:11 AM by Pedro »

melinx

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 09:57:56 AM »
However this guy does the works, re-jetting to spec, replacing any/all worn parts.

When making your decision Jon, it's worth considering that Bosch claim their injectors have a service life of one billion operations !

A conservative estimate puts that in excess of 500,000 miles (using the British definition of a Billion ;))

supercub

• 1993 2.0 DIAMOND
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 12:43:55 PM »

When making your decision Jon, it's worth considering that Bosch claim their injectors have a service life of one billion operations !

A conservative estimate puts that in excess of 500,000 miles (using the British definition of a Billion ;))

BUT. a service life is one thing.   that probably takes into account alot of miles of overfueling and dripping injectors.  Just  because they are working, Doesnt mean they are working well  :)

bootie3367

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 05:56:22 AM »
Right chaps and chappesses.

Had the word and James is offering a 20% discount from his standard charge to us and members of the ABS!

That boils down to a price of 10 quid per injector and UK postage of 7 quid per set (4 or 6) and EU postage of 10 quid (apologies, yank keyboard and no 'pound' sign)
He will also discount on older hose fed injectors which are more expensive due to hose and clamp renewal.
He will also discount on ICV's if required.

Here's what they do with standard petrol injectors:-
Petrol injector cleaning standard service:
Electronically tested, inspected and degreased upon receipt.
Attempted repair to seized or stuck injectors where possible
Stripped of old micro filter, spacer, o-rings and pintle cap (where serviceable parts are available)
Ultrasonically cleaned (including submersive pulsation)
Flow tested and if necessary, further ultrasonic cleaning and degreasing
Observed for faults during cycle (leak testing)
Back washed and dried to ensure no cleaning fluid or contaminates remain within the injector
Electronically tested
Rebuilt using new micro filters, o-rings, spacers and pintle caps (where available)
Packaged using bubble wrap and food grade resealable bags prior to dispatch
Returned to customer with service report using priority postage insured up to 500 (unless extra insurance is required)

OK, before everyone rushes out and strips theirs out he has made a proviso, in order to protect long standing members he does not want anyone to obtain this discount who has been with the forum for less than 3 months. I agree with this as it would stop the join and take advantage brigade should word get out. To that end, in order to police this the Admin have agreed that (somehow) they will take the requests for this service and then PM the member with the details.

So a sticky will have to be made up so that the details of the offer are always there.

Jon

melinx

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 08:19:12 AM »
That looks like a "snatch his hand off" price  :)

Pedro

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 08:29:37 AM »
Made sticky.  ;)

bootie3367

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 01:44:44 PM »
Thanks Peter.

merlin

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 12:10:45 PM »
just got my injectors back from mr injector uk 150 quid to do above , must say before that had 2 bottles of good quality cleaner in to no avail . difference is remarkable  100% better idle and emmisions ,car now passed mot emissions once fiddling with throttle body had been undone ;D