Author Topic: GSI 24v  (Read 1406 times)

alastair

GSI 24v
« on: May 28, 2013, 08:09:10 PM »
Hi All

Just thought I would post some pics of one of my motors

Owned since about 2005 I think, after a long time searching for a genuine car this one turned up in Nottinghamshire, only 2 previous owners and the chap I bought it off had bought it from his boss who had owned from new. even had service history up to 90000 from the supplying garage. it still even has the original number pates on. the front was damaged sadly when my wife used it to ram a Megane!

car was well cared for and body wise very tidy, but of course had the usual rust issues, I had the arches done when I bought it. doors are starting to show signs of deterioration which will need attention at some stage.

Over the past few years the car had been off the road due to job change and house purchase and unfortunately it spent nearly a year untouched under the stars. When I went to retrieve it I felt a little ashamed to say the least, still not much I could do about it!

The car was full of water on the passenger side, the headlining had collapsed, trip computer had packed up along with a few other items, the car was so damp! No pics I felt dreadful when I saw it.

Anyway, traced the leak to being a rust hole in the bulkhead  :( . Now all sorted but needs finishing off. when I get a chance I could do with a few days treating a few rusty areas.

Car now lives on Isle of Wight as Dad has kindly let me have some garage space ! Went down over the weekend and got the interior and carpet all back together (took months to dry the spongey flooring!) and gave a quick clean, all looking a bit better now!

Car drives excellently still, it really is a car I would happily do my 35k a year in (except fuel cost that is!) its has RB de cats on it and really sounds great.

Before clean up...

And after...... a start at least

1991 GSI 24v man
1993 Senator 24v CD Auto (for sale)
1991 Lotus Carlton (WIP)

24vman

• Mini's and Carltons
  • Global Moderator
Re: GSI 24v
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 01:06:22 PM »
Very Nice :)

As a reminder, I have a few headlinings and several trip computers.
1986 Rover Vitesse, 1988 GSI 12v turbo, 1991 GSI 24v, 1993 Diamond 4.0 24v, Hayter 14hp

alastair

Re: GSI 24v
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 08:21:42 PM »
Thanks Jonathon

Yes you said. I was thinking of popping down to yours this weekend if you are about ?

Cheers al
1991 GSI 24v man
1993 Senator 24v CD Auto (for sale)
1991 Lotus Carlton (WIP)