Author Topic: How do I stop losing text  (Read 3801 times)

djbthatsme

How do I stop losing text
« on: April 04, 2012, 08:20:09 PM »
Hello all,
I've lost text on a number of occasions when trying to respond to a post\thread. The last  time was yesterday when my response was interrupted by a red letter message stating that Copper had also replied at the same time. On checking today I found that my repy had disappeared.

Can someone advise me and perhaps help retrieve the lost info.   

Murph

• Administrator
  • Wanted: Life
Re: How do I stop losing text
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 08:51:30 PM »
The info is lost I'm afraid - it has'nt gone to the recycle bin with the deleted posts so I cant retrieve it.

The message you got is just allowing you to read the new post before you post your own, so if it happens again you need to press the Post button again.

djbthatsme

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »
Thanks for your reply Murph. Once I get used to the system, hopefully I'll be more competent. At my age in life it takes a long time to remember my name so conjuring up a train of thought becomes almost impossible. So remembering what I first thought of remains in the realms of swirling mists.   

PeterC

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 09:16:19 PM »
Sometimes I have been able to retrieve by navigating back. But I know the problem. The risk increases with the amount of time spent composing ones masterpiece (without saving). I find its best to post your rough thoughts quickly then go back and modify them. At least that way there is *A* version saved for you to amend.
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.

djbthatsme

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 11:33:30 AM »
Thanks PeterC,
Will give it a go and see what happens. Anything to save time and because I lose the creative juices very easily ie. Can't remember what I've just done - Altzeimers no doubt.  :o :o :o

PeterC

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »
I know how you feel - It seems so hard to reproduce what you have just created and immediately lost  :'(. I even think that if I don't lose my creation I am still going to quite happily forget it after I have posted my creation  :-[. Losing the document/post feels like being interrupted before you finish your speech.
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.

kevinfourlegs

• The only TC member with four legs and a Renault Scenic
  • Spreading the TC gospel in south Wales and beyond
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 09:42:21 AM »
Did you have a 'craft' moment?
Everyone knows that rwd is the proper way. Some refuse to admit it.

Now drives a Renault Scenic dCi Dynamique Tom Tom