Author Topic: DIAMOND LEAFLET ON EBAY  (Read 4823 times)

man of kent

• Wanted: Life
DIAMOND LEAFLET ON EBAY
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:20:11 AM »
Got a Diamond 1 sheet leaflet on ebay (sorry if I beat anybody on here. Another one on there now for £4). Found it only had the 2.0L engine on it. Was there a 24v diamond 1 sheet leaflet?

Does this mean the Diamond was only available as a 2.0L at first and the 24v later?
OLD TECHNOLOGY WORKS!

Land-Barge

• 3 litre armchair special
Re: DIAMOND LEAFLET ON EBAY
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 01:21:37 PM »
I think the 24v engine was an option ???

man of kent

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 01:52:26 PM »
Doesn't mention the 24v. The leaflet is Oct 1992, so may be it was when the Diamond was about to be launched. I would suggest the 24v Diamond was launched some time in mid to late 1993? Maybe there is a later leaflet with the 24v, or they just added it to the main brochure.?

Would be good at some time to try to find out when all the models were launched and stopped for historical purposes before this info is lost.

When you order a part, the suppliers usually have a month and year when the model was around. Keep a check on them for future reference.
OLD TECHNOLOGY WORKS!

kevinfourlegs

• The only TC member with four legs and a Renault Scenic
  • Spreading the TC gospel in south Wales and beyond
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 04:05:06 PM »
You have the same Diamond leaflet as me. I checked mine after reading your post.

The 2.0 Club and Diamond leaflets were both published in October 92.
Everyone knows that rwd is the proper way. Some refuse to admit it.

Now drives a Renault Scenic dCi Dynamique Tom Tom

U.D. - Omega DTM Rep

• Want parts? TOUGH!!! Buy something else....
  • I'm just a six cylinder & Irmscher JUNKIE!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 07:52:16 PM »
We in the UK didn't get a Carlton Diamond until October 1992 and when released the only engine option available to the buyers of this model was the 2.0i OHC four-cylinder petrol engine only...

It took until February 1993 before buyers of Diamond Estates had the potential option to select a 3.0i 24v six-cylinder DOHC C30SEJ engine for their new Carlton vehicles.

Call me cynical but it looks like this engine choice was quite a late afterthought by the GM marketing teams behind the scenes to me because of the time span involved making this option available to the public.

HTH! :P
Nissan took a 600bhp NISMO Racecar and de-tuned this flagship Coupé for everyday use on public roads. GM took a reliable Carlton GSi 3000 24v and had Lotus convert it into a 377bhp Bahnstorming Lotus Carlton. Both vehicles were on sale from 1989....Which manufacturer would you trust with your cash??

man of kent

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 08:02:11 PM »
Haven't seen the news release and 24v pic. Something to look out for on ebay.
OLD TECHNOLOGY WORKS!

U.D. - Omega DTM Rep

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »

Haven't seen the news release and 24v pic. Something to look out for on ebay.

That's very odd that you have never seen this content before Keith because I posted all of this along with some of the German Diamond brochures on the ABS forum back on Wed Mar 28, 2012 at 6:34 pm mate.... :-\
Nissan took a 600bhp NISMO Racecar and de-tuned this flagship Coupé for everyday use on public roads. GM took a reliable Carlton GSi 3000 24v and had Lotus convert it into a 377bhp Bahnstorming Lotus Carlton. Both vehicles were on sale from 1989....Which manufacturer would you trust with your cash??

Land-Barge

• 3 litre armchair special
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 08:47:48 PM »
Was the German Diamond just their version of the CD/CDX?  I've seen ones on German eBay (saloon and estate) with varied spec, 24v engines with cloth interior etc

U.D. - Omega DTM Rep

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 08:56:12 PM »
Was the German Diamond just their version of the CD/CDX?  I've seen ones on German eBay (saloon and estate) with varied spec, 24v engines with cloth interior etc

Basically you are correct but the German Diamant Caravans never had the option of the Opel 24v engine Mr LB....

Even when the Opel Omega A was first facelifted, The Omega Diamant GL and GLS models that proceeded it in September 1989 were still powered by the same 2.0i OHC, 2.3D and 2.4i CIH engines as the earlier Saloon and Estate Diamond models.....

PSSST....Notice how the first truely facelifted cars only got new exterior bumpers and trim because the previous generation wings and front indicators weren't swapped over until existing old part stocks were all used up! :wink:

Ok so they did do a Diamond GL and CD Saloon but that was in Europe....but what about here in the UK??

Well not surprisingly, no we didn't get a Saloon version but we must'nt forget that the Carlton Diamond Estate didn't start off as the prestigious model its now cult status says it is/has.

You cannot change how GM saw the position of the Diamond Estate in the Carlton model line up. It was a load lugging work-horse pure and simple! The closest thing to the Diamond Estate in Germany was the Omega Caravan 24v model.....

But as you all can see that this vehicle had Diplomat wheels!

HTH! :P

0795omega

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 12:19:26 PM »
interesting to look at those,thanks for posting!

U.D. - Omega DTM Rep

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 06:32:53 PM »

interesting to look at those,thanks for posting!

No problem 0795omega! :)

The Duke

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 11:45:56 AM »
Yes very interesting, especially the cost of the options! £761 for the CD player! and over £300 for the trip computer! :o

PeterC

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 11:57:27 AM »
I seem to remember that a home Hi-Fi CD player was £500 in the early years. Now I cannot remmeber how far back that was but sometime after 1982, possibly early 1990s ?.

Lovely brochures those are UD, thnks for sharing those with us. I had to look away though because they make me want the leather seats for my Rioja CD(+£300trip=x-ish).
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.

0795omega

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 12:35:10 PM »
yeh its like video recorders and washing machines were very pricey in the early 80s now things all seem to be built down to a lower price and as a consiquence fall apart,we.re becoming a through away society now which is a shame!