Author Topic: Fair Fuel  (Read 5551 times)

carlton_mad

• 3.0 CDX and now Diamond 3.0 24v
  • Administrator
  • Wanted: Life
  • dartford kent
Fair Fuel
« on: August 07, 2011, 12:49:36 AM »
copied from vodc might do nothing but if you dont sign up we wont get anywhere

This week the Government launched their new e-petition website that allows the public to propose any issue of their concern for future debate inside parliament. To get such a debate to take place however, they will require 100,000 signatures in support of that issue before it can go ahead.

As part of the FairFuelUK strategy, we have decided to use this new parliamentary mechanism in pursuit of our campaign's aims to halt and lower fuel duty. We have over 170,000 supporters behind the FairFuelUK campaign so far, including your good self. This means we should be able to hit the required debating target way before the allotted 12 months allowed to achieve this figure.

Please could you click on this link below and add your name to the Government's e-petition number 347. Follow the easy instructions that include that you verify a confirmation link that will be emailed to you to fully register your support on completion of the on-line petition form.

CHEAPER PETROL AND DIESEL, BY ROBERT HALFON MP AND FAIRFUEL UK : e-petition

With your involvement and all of the FFUK supporters also completing this petition, it means that we will be adding even more pressure onto the Government to recognise that increasing fuel prices is killing the economy and adversely affecting all of our lives. They will have no choice but to enter into a constructive debate that has been instigated by you. It is so important that we take advantage of this approach to help reduce the price of fuel.

Thank you so much for your continuing support and adding your name to this petition on fair fuel prices. Your help is absolutely crucial.

Very kind regards,

Quentin Willson, Peter Carroll
 and The FairFuelUK team

http://www.fairfueluk.com

The full e-petition is at http://bit.ly/FFUK-Gov and comprises this petition statement for you to support:

"High petrol and diesel prices are crippling our economy. Many motorists now pay a tenth of their income just to fill up the family car, and millions of families are suffering. Businesses are under immense pressure, especially the road freight industry. But petrol and diesel are now so astronomically expensive, it is COSTING the Government money. This is because fewer people can afford to drive, leading to lower tax revenues. Therefore, this petition calls on the Government to: 1) Scrap the planned 4p fuel duty increases, which are scheduled for January and August 2012. 2) Create a price stabilisation mechanism that smooths out fluctuations in the pump price. 3) Pressure big oil companies to pass on cheaper oil to motorists. 4) Set up a Commission to look at market competitiveness, and radical ways of cutting fuel taxes in the longer term."

The FairFuelUK campaign is supported by the RAC (7 million members) and the two bodies that represent the UK road freight industry, the RHA and the FTA. Between them the RHA and FTA have over 20,000 members. The campaign also enjoys the support of 170,000 members of the public. We are aiming to get 1 million on board as soon as possible

Link to the Petition

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/347

what would life be like if we all drove fwd cars? feckin boring that's what rear drive or bust

24vman

• Mini's and Carltons
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fair Fuel
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 10:59:47 AM »
Done !!
1986 Rover Vitesse, 1988 GSI 12v turbo, 1991 GSI 24v, 1993 Diamond 4.0 24v, Hayter 14hp

melinx

• WHO created me in his own image ?
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:16:46 AM »
Ditto.

I've signed it, but I reckon that with the present levels of Government debt even if 50 million signatures were added, there's no way that they are going to give up such a major part of the tax income >:(

Note the date of my post below! I reckon that the situation has become worse since then :'(

http://totalcarlton.com/forums/index.php/topic,9902.msg79246.html#msg79246
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:11:46 PM by melinx »

Gazza36

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 04:44:15 PM »
Done
'92 Carlton GSi 24v Manual

Rusty Arches

• Dartford Kent
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 10:42:42 AM »
Right thats me signed up.....Do you reckon its worth waiting ?

Coz ive got to fill up soon  ;D ;D ;D

Its probably just a fuse

Catho

• The faith has finally been restored!!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 11:51:16 AM »
Done.
After 10 years........she's back on the road!!!

agingsnoopdog1

• I luv Parmos/Carltons me..
Re: Fair Fuel closing 5/8/11?
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 03:32:32 PM »
done

Johnraka

• I'm here to show you another path (The Unit)
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 07:52:54 PM »
Tried but after putting in all my details the link keeps breaking with a message saying that something is wrong with the page...
Regards

JD

This week I have been mostly polishing my car...

nightmare

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 05:04:38 PM »
Done.

Do you really think the government is going to give up this MONEY MAKER?

This is one of their INVISABLE taxes ::).

The only way to get them to lower the price of fuel is .....

...STOP BUYING IT ;D

Like thats ever going to happen :D :D
Easy going untill PUSHED!!!!

melinx

• WHO created me in his own image ?
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 07:30:38 AM »
A quote from the BBC news website :'(

There is little chance it is going to get any cheaper, according to Malcolm Bracken, oil analyst at stockbrokers Redmayne Bentley, who suggests it could get as high as 2.50 a litre by 2020:

"Although I don't really expect the oil price to rise significantly, I expect tax will," he says.

"Although the government's frozen fuel duty for the next couple of years, it will pick up and rise with inflation. I fully expect the government to catch up their lost time as petrol is always a very easy revenue raiser."