Author Topic: Steering setup for drifting  (Read 2783 times)

joemcarltonq

• If The Junctions Empty Give Her Plenty !
Steering setup for drifting
« on: August 05, 2011, 07:46:02 PM »
 hi guys does anyone no about the set up of the steering from a gsi carlton i use mine for drifting but am lookin to get more oppisite lock out it i was told there something can be done to the steering or somethingf, any help be good cheers

carlton_mad

• 3.0 CDX and now Diamond 3.0 24v
  • Administrator
  • Wanted: Life
  • dartford kent
Re: Steering setup for drifting
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 09:25:46 PM »
basically you grind the lock stops off which gives a bit more turn but by the new rules on the mot it will FAIL!! so make sure if its a road car you have a spare pair to put on for the test!
what would life be like if we all drove fwd cars? feckin boring that's what rear drive or bust

joemcarltonq

• If The Junctions Empty Give Her Plenty !
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 06:16:57 PM »
cheers for that i shall give it ago  :)

8valver

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 06:39:16 PM »
There is also a set of lockstops on the chassis legs....as well as the ones on the lower arm, do the tab on the steering knuckle also as that will foul the arm even if the stops are missing. Do the chassis ones last and gradually as I dont know how far you can go before a carlton will go overcentre.

Beyond that you are looking at modifying (shortening) the steering knuckles, best leave that to the proffesionals though.

But doing the ones on the wishbones gives plenty to be going on with, also helps with parking ;D ;D