Time to exhume an exceedingly old thread. Y'all will be pleased to know that this old heap is still going, and recently passed an Mot... the last pass being over 3 years ago! Lots of welding required, plated top of o/s chassis leg, inner wing same side, loom/turret top/bulkhead interface plus footwell and inner sill.... all o/s. Lots of fun but at least i wont have to worry about that bit for a long while.
We are up and running on megasquirt 2, I ended up biting the bullet and buying a kit from the states, soldering it all up etc. I went for the bosch version of the 'diy P'n'P' meaning that i retained my factory motronic loom... some is of course redundant but totally worth doing to avoid building a loom. Needs mapping properly and i havent really boosted it yet for fear of blowing it up.
Went out and took a couple photos with my mates barge..
As you can see i have gained a gsi bumper and a much less knackered rear bumper! Im currently working on repairing and painting the front end of my old senator to go on this, unfortunately some kind souls had a go at the poor thing while in storage in the carpark at my flat and i had to get rid in a hurry, however it will donate a few parts to the carlton. I have fitted the tilt column and brake master/calipers/discs. As i am using a cable clutch still an auto brake reservoir is needed for the 24v master, cheers to chris and murph for hooking me up with one.
Got a nice little catch can in there aswell, also reactivated my central locking with senator parts. I think i have a few other pics regarding some technical bits and peices on the turbo conversion so I will try and get those dug out and posted soon.