Author Topic: How 2 Drift  (Read 5230 times)

blippi

• Old School New Rules
  • Wanted: Life
How 2 Drift
« on: January 06, 2006, 10:49:30 PM »

found this gives some hints if u were wanting to try it

DISCLAIMER
If u try this then u do so at your own risk and neither me or Totalcarlton are taking any reponsibilty for your actions

blippi

• Old School New Rules
Re: How 2 Drift
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 10:51:46 PM »
feel free to move to another section if wanted as no section to put this in

for those who think this is irresponsible i apoligise but i believe if your stupid enough to try this in an in-appropriate place then the driver is the irresponsible 1

Pedro

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 11:46:24 PM »

That's about right, but I steer away from the bend ever-so-slightly first. This puts the weight on the opposite rear corner wheel, then oversteer the car into the bend, thus moving the weight again. Can snatch the steering wheel a bit though! ;D

PhilCavSRi130

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 12:41:28 AM »
Thought i might find you in here Pete.

I must agree i tend to turn away slightly to unbalance the back end slightly in the omega, before powering into the drift.

GmasterT

• Sideways Skids
  • Drift for the win...
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »
IMO thats a bit weak, that more coming out of a corner sideways. you want to be going in sideways on opposite lock about where the 3rd car is and much wider using the middle of the curb/apex as a 'clip' and switch direction in one hit between car 9 and 10 ishetc :)

colonelk

• Skiddy skidz FTW
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 08:26:14 PM »
LOLz trust you to find this post man. Id forgotten it was here LOL
Zee goggles, zhey do nothing!

Pedro

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 08:30:45 PM »
IMO thats a bit weak, that more coming out of a corner sideways. you want to be going in sideways on opposite lock about where the 3rd car is and much wider using the middle of the curb/apex as a 'clip' and switch direction in one hit between car 9 and 10 ishetc :)

My method does let the car go sideways into a corner!

GmasterT

• Sideways Skids
  • Drift for the win...
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 12:20:01 PM »
LOLz trust you to find this post man. Id forgotten it was here LOL

;D[

quote author=Pedro link=topic=1266.msg75224#msg75224 date=1219091445]

My method does let the car go sideways into a corner!

Which method is that? I have no techneque, just throw the car in and hope for the best! lol

doz

• Southampton
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 07:42:47 PM »
I like to steer a little otherway to the corner first then flick the car in so the weight helps the arse end slide out a little easyer. Then a nice balanced slide round the corner on a balanced throttle before putting me boot in then letting off with loads of oppersite lock to make the back end snap back into line and hopefully carry on going for the next bend. emmmmm it dosen't always work and I take no responsability for the hedge you wreck!!! oh and to get the LC to act this silly you have to be going a fair rate of knots compared to my GSI and I always bottle it as I can see things getting exspensive!!!!!!! GSi is better drift car anyway. Just ask my 4 year old when I'm hounnin around one of the paddocks at me outlaws place. You can hear him laughing a good hundred metres away. I can't for a second think where he gets it from  ::) ::) ::) ::)
Wafting air biscuits up the noses of the bureaucrats since 1970 
92 GSI 24v manual
92 LC