Author Topic: remove map pockets on Carltons  (Read 4064 times)

kevinfourlegs

• The only TC member with four legs and a Renault Scenic
  • Wanted: Life
  • Spreading the TC gospel in south Wales and beyond
remove map pockets on Carltons
« on: February 20, 2011, 12:47:36 PM »
I know some of you may know this, but for those that don't here's a step by step guide of how to.

1. Remove the front seat(s) depending which have sagggy map pockets. Slide seat all the way back, exposing two 6 mm allen bolts. I used an allen socket on a 3/8 dr ratchet. Slide the seat(s) forward and remove the two rear bolts. Sometimes these can be a right bar steward to get out. The ones for mine were a doddle to remove.

2. With the front seat out, place it on a carpet or similar to save damaging the seat material. I did mine in the dining room

3. Lay the seat on its side with the lumbar adjusters upwards.

4. Remove the two lumbar adjusters. These just pull off. Remove the sear back adjuster. Using a small flat screwdriver, remove the centre cap. The wheel then pulls off. Mine did.

5. Lift the plastic trim to access a philips screw. Remove the screw.

6. Turn the seat over onto other side.

7. Lift the plastic trim to access a philips screw. Remove the screw.

8. Turn the seat onto its front.

9. The bottom of the panel is held in place by two plastic clips. Hold the bottom edge of the panel and give a quick pull upwards, then lift panel away from the seat.

10. Lay the panel on a flat surface. On the back there are five pozidrive screws. Remove all five.

11. The plastic trim and the net map pocket can now be removed from the panel. Take care not to snap the four plastic lugs on the plastic trim. These line the trim up and hold it in place after the screws are removed.

12. Pull the cord at one end to tighten it. How tight/loose is up to the individual. Tie a knot in the cord. I cut some of the excess off before tucking the end behind the trim.

13. Now refit everything.

14. Stand back and admire ones handy work. Job done .com, as me nine year old daughter says.

While the two front seats were out, I had a hoover and clean by the console. So much easier.

I hope this is of use to other novices of Carlton ownership. I did take some fotos as I went along.
Everyone knows that rwd is the proper way. Some refuse to admit it.

Now drives a Renault Scenic dCi Dynamique Tom Tom

melinx

• WHO created me in his own image ?
Re: remove map pockets on Carltons
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 01:42:38 PM »
Or alternatively ;) ;D

kevinfourlegs

• The only TC member with four legs and a Renault Scenic
  • Spreading the TC gospel in south Wales and beyond
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 08:18:28 PM »
I was going to just tie a knot like that, but I went for a factory finished look. Besides, I was bored and I needed something to do. If only all jobs were this easy. Unfortunately Carlsberg don't do car maintenance.
Everyone knows that rwd is the proper way. Some refuse to admit it.

Now drives a Renault Scenic dCi Dynamique Tom Tom

melinx

• WHO created me in his own image ?
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 08:25:11 PM »
I was going to just tie a knot like that, but I went for a factory finished look.

Quite right; you did the job properly :)

Before I tied the knot in them, the map pockets were really unsightly, but afterwards I never noticed the knots: I'm all for the easy life :-[

nzvauxhallopel

• Derek Smith
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 07:56:49 AM »
Think I wil give this a go.
Nice easy fix

carlton_mad

• 3.0 CDX and now Diamond 3.0 24v
  • Administrator
  • dartford kent
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 10:20:50 PM »
i was going to do this but decided that i didnt need to

mainly because i have no map pockets fitted to the gsi seats!!
what would life be like if we all drove fwd cars? feckin boring that's what rear drive or bust