Author Topic: 'Ex-plod' Senny (The White Pearl)  (Read 33569 times)

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • Wanted: Life
  • South East Bruv!
Re: 'Ex-plod' Senny W.I.P (The White Pearl)
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2011, 03:22:24 PM »
Looking real tidy now Jimmy, I actually like the white lettering on the tyres it really suits the car 8)

Have you lowered it or something, looks low in the pics ???

Nop, all standard, well......Police standard as its got uprated suspension which is solid! so it might be abit lower than standard. but also the pics are taken looking down on the car almost, so abit of an illousion to look low i spose, ;)
Just one now -
94' Senator 24V Ex-Old Bill - The White Pearl

24vman

• Mini's and Carltons
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2011, 09:14:11 PM »
I'm not sure about the white stick on the tyres Jimmy  :-\
1986 Rover Vitesse, 1988 GSI 12v turbo, 1991 GSI 24v, 1993 Diamond 4.0 24v, Hayter 14hp

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2011, 08:10:23 AM »
looks alot better in the flesh...metal..er rubber,, you know what i mean  ;D
Just one now -

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2011, 05:01:14 PM »
small basic update but no pics.

just to add, iv got a few bulbs and got all the interior lit up, was gona be a bit elaborate and convert it to all neon blue lighting, but for now at least they all work, even the glove box light, tho i cant get the ashtray light to work, even with different bulbs., grrrr!!! blooming boys in blue have messed alot of the wiring up, as i cant get the bonnet light to work either, and the boot light has yet to be done also, just a matter of guideing the wire through to the light, i gotta take the parcel shelf out, easy i know but couldnt be bothered after i had all the centre armrest and dash console off/out, and losing light now, so had to put it all back together, all nice and tight. but at least i got something to do tomorrow.

i also now have rear speakers, made some wiring, as the police cars had none as you know, sounds alot better!! i had to push through the speaker holes 1st, tho outlined but wernt factory cut ;)

Also gone de-restrict my air box tomorrow (no im not drilling holes). For those of you who dont know of this easy quick mod, will have some pics as i go for tomorrow  ;D

plans for some welding might take shape soon(ie:the bulkhead etc), by the multi taskful and under rated Yasmine, what a Diamond girl  8)

looking to get up to scratch for billing as iv decided to take the Senny this year. she is looking very tired looking, a wolf in sheeps skin 'as it were', coz the Senny has still got it where it counts, Trust, as an M5 driver will tell you, whata a W4nkúr!!  ;D
Just one now -

stemo

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2011, 10:13:12 PM »
Sounds like good progress, sometimes it's just nice to get the little bits done as well always a good mojo boost. How did you get on on Thursday with the airbox and parcel shelf malarky?

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2011, 10:19:48 PM »
air box is now derestricted, bottom of box are already unrestricted, so just took off the hoover type nozzle from inside the lid, airflow does seem alot better, slightly better performance - more throttle responsive (not that is wasnt in the first place), only have to rest my foot on the throttle and it reving up, haha, didnt do the boot light yet as have a flat battery issue, hooking up with Murph tomoz to see if its just a matter of a kput battery, or there is a drain coming from somewhere, i cant see it being anything i did when replacing the bulbs on the dash, coz it started up when i finished it all. so we will see tomoz, then i finish the lil bits off.

Cheers for asking Stemo ;)
Just one now -

stemo

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2011, 10:23:52 PM »
That sounds pretty good, free power is always good. What exactly is it that you did to the bottom? I take it the hoover nozzle type bit you mentioned is the main feed? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick lol...

No worries  ;)

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2011, 10:37:42 PM »
That sounds pretty good, free power is always good. What exactly is it that you did to the bottom? I take it the hoover nozzle type bit you mentioned is the main feed?

i didnt do anything to the bottom of the box, there is no restriction on the Senny/GSi airboxes, i havent looked in my 2.0 box on the carlton to see if its the same, i aint done it on that yet.
the lid has a nozzle tho, and i just took it off. simples ;)
Just one now -

stemo

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2011, 10:58:08 PM »
Ah right, pretty simple! If i'm thinking of the same nozzle (the one that runs directly to the afm) it's moulded in on my box...unless you cut it off...?

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2011, 11:09:02 PM »
Ah right, pretty simple! If i'm thinking of the same nozzle (the one that runs directly to the afm) it's moulded in on my box...unless you cut it off...?

The senny box, the nozzle is only clipped. but just answered my Q on my carlton as its a GLi, like yours?
Just one now -

stemo

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2011, 11:14:02 PM »
The senny box, the nozzle is only clipped. but just answered my Q on my carlton as its a GLi, like yours?

Aye it's a GLi, but I guess you could cut the nozzle off and file back the edges so they are smooth. That way it would give you the same result?

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2011, 11:20:04 PM »
yep i guess so. but one thing iv learned, is never cut anything unless you have a spare ;)

check the bottom of the box also, under the filter, most vx boxes have a nozzle there, and i beleive most are just clipped  ;D

also this mod takes affect more if you have a sprts panel filter ie: a K&N panel filter 8)
Just one now -

stemo

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
Already got the panel filter  ;) Not for the performance gain but for the quality of breathing originally!

Cheers for the tip about the bottom...I'll take a look there in the light!

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2012, 06:18:21 PM »
been a looooooooooong time since anything has been sed... coznot much has been done.... been a work horse since the Carlton has been off the road.... stripped some of the body trim.. Scorpion Exhaust had it, so got a custom race built one that was on Yaz's Irmy Senny... so iv gone back to the duel system as appose to the single of the scorpion... not upset, this one i got on it now sounds blooming sweeeet... if anyone herd it when it was on Yaz's... - its sounds the same.. niiiice rumble V8 styley (gooooodin tunnels ;) )

apart from that, a service, oil, oil filter leads n plugs etc...

Gona be doing a GSi front bumper conversion soon, then figure wat il do wiv the rear... might sort some wheels soon... tho i love the ride on the standards...we'l see... i promise i will update wiv some pics soon, when work begins, or when its fin... but as of now... no pics... coz im a little ashamed of how it looks right now... just think '<MAD MAX>' esk ;) but the engine hasnt faultered, no flusters, hasnt missed a single beat... very good as its my everydayer now... and thats not just to the shop n back, i drive it 50-60 mile a day every wkday and similar over the wknd, sometimes more.. anyway....nuff blabber ... just thought id better let yous know... ''She''Still'' LIVES!!!!'''' Hell Yeah!!

;)
Just one now -

YasmineLee

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2012, 07:20:50 PM »
hang on. my exhaust had gone there?
Cars
'93 Vauxhall Carlton 3.0 24v A Diamond
'93 Vauxhall Senator 3.0 CD (C40SE Rep)
'93 Vauxhall Carlton 3.0 24v Diamond (C40E Rep)
'96 Vauxhall Frontera 2.8 TDI Diamond LWB
Vans
'00 Vauxhall Movano 2.8 TD LWB Hi Top Van
Bikes
'91(K) Suzuki GSX 600F
'04 (54) Piaggio X9 500 Evolution

Murph

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2012, 08:18:01 PM »
Yep - swapped it for the scorpion that needs some repairs.

That reminds me... must get that one in Wales sorted out.

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2012, 05:15:57 PM »
Yep - swapped it for the scorpion that needs some repairs.

That reminds me... must get that one in Wales sorted out.

swapped, but plus one or two favours in parts from my Carly when i get her chopped... im afraid the dealine for that has come forward considerably... by the end of 'this' (AUGUST 31st) month!!! so i will be stripping and chopping then posting for selling so i can be buying and flying and driving and diving and smiling amougst a few other tings ;) hahahah
Just one now -

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
Re: 'Ex-plod' Senny (The White Pearl)
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2012, 09:40:50 PM »
guess i better get some work done on this... just looked at the pics from when i got it, man it was clean!, its really gone downhill in 2years.. haha...

Stay posted
Just one now -

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2012, 05:17:07 PM »
some of u will reconize these.....

nice one Murph for ya help..

quite chuffed wiv them really, look good, even in a white car, gona blue touch up the door cards to get abit of colour code on it all ;)

came out of this...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:27:49 PM by Jimmy »
Just one now -

kevinfourlegs

• The only TC member with four legs and a Renault Scenic
  • Spreading the TC gospel in south Wales and beyond
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2012, 07:28:49 PM »
The wheels don't suit the car with those graphics. Hope the engine is a V8, as anything less in NASCAR just doesn't cut it.
Everyone knows that rwd is the proper way. Some refuse to admit it.

Now drives a Renault Scenic dCi Dynamique Tom Tom

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »
The wheels don't suit the car with those graphics. Hope the engine is a V8, as anything less in NASCAR just doesn't cut it.

the car was a just a GSi, and got scrapped years ago.. i jst wanted the seats out of it ;)
Just one now -

Murph

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2012, 09:28:52 PM »
I bought them way back when and they've been sat in my shed ever since.
It's nice to see them back in a car at last.

kevinfourlegs

• The only TC member with four legs and a Renault Scenic
  • Spreading the TC gospel in south Wales and beyond
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »
You could have had a bespoke three piece suite made out of them. Something that I have thought of doing with the grey Carlton Diplomat leather seats I have. Nobody wants them, so it would be better than scrapping them.
Everyone knows that rwd is the proper way. Some refuse to admit it.

Now drives a Renault Scenic dCi Dynamique Tom Tom

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2012, 08:35:17 PM »
my old seats were the black leather ones.. i aint chucked them yet, kept hold of them incase they cud of been any use to anyone.... the lot minus the drivers seat (but can still have if wish) tenna!! hahah
Just one now -

greasehog

• Luton Bedfordshire
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »
Those seats look good I didn't realise they were blue the other weekend
Diane...