Author Topic: 'Ex-plod' Senny (The White Pearl)  (Read 33206 times)

Murph

• Administrator
  • Wanted: Life
Re: 'Ex-plod' Senny W.I.P (The White Pearl)
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2010, 09:46:12 PM »
Glad you got it done Jim.
TBH it looks alot better than I thought it would!

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2010, 10:33:06 PM »
me too, funally enough it aint alot differernt then it was on the GSi, the tailpipes sticking out the back are almost the same length on mine, interesting as the floor pan is the same but the senny is 3inches longer then the carly, tho the pipe from the tailpipe to the midbox was only joined and slid in just past the slits, so got some extra length from that ;)
Just one now -
94' Senator 24V Ex-Old Bill - The White Pearl

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 03:40:39 PM »
Engine management light has been popping on and off since iv put the exhaust on,
may be the reason i got very low MPG's at the moment,
spose i should of checked the Lambda sensor on the srappy GSi downpipe before i changed it for mine.
Reason being i swapped it is we couldnt get the screws undone at the downpipe to the cats,
so we decided to just take the whole lot off with the downpipe.
Obviously seperated the cats with a angle grinder once it was off, keep them for its next m.o.t.... lol
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:04:55 PM by Jimmy »
Just one now -

U.D. - Omega DTM Rep

• Want parts? TOUGH!!! Buy something else....
  • I'm just a six cylinder & Irmscher JUNKIE!!!
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 05:03:05 PM »
Have you done anything with the cars old back box yet Jimmy? The reason I ask is because I know of a Senny owner in Bristol who would like the square tail pipe trims off an original back box to weld these standard trims onto his cars current exhaust system which has two round pipes fitted instead.

If you have no use for them now, I'm sure some beer tokens could be swapped in return if you are interested Jimmy!
Nissan took a 600bhp NISMO Racecar and de-tuned this flagship Coupé for everyday use on public roads. GM took a reliable Carlton GSi 3000 24v and had Lotus convert it into a 377bhp Bahnstorming Lotus Carlton. Both vehicles were on sale from 1989....Which manufacturer would you trust with your cash??

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 05:06:11 PM »
Yasmine Lee has it at the moment, she wants the rubber holder thingys, but as far as i know the tailpipe tips are up for grabs. i will find out.

Know anything about my fuel consumption U.D?
Just one now -

U.D. - Omega DTM Rep

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 05:49:15 PM »
but as far as i know the tailpipe tips are up for grabs. i will find out.

Cheers Jimmy! I'll look forward to your reply mate. I'm also sorry to spam your thread asking about these tail pipe trims. I just thought it was easier to ask when I read your post as I have too many pm's taking up room at the moment. :-[

Know anything about my fuel consumption U.D?

I would say that the Lambda sensor that came with the Scorpion Zorst is totally fecked Jimmy! I've run 24v's for many years now and they always go like a bat out of hell when the Lambda is utterly goosed because the fuelling goes so rich in an attempt by the cars ECU to compensate for the faulty Lambda sensor readings. You see running rich is the default setting (so to speak) as running lean means melted pistons and burnt out valves along with many other costly problems....

I'd swap it with the cars original Lambda sensor and see if it eliminates the Senator's current high fuel consumption mate.

HTH! :P
Nissan took a 600bhp NISMO Racecar and de-tuned this flagship Coupé for everyday use on public roads. GM took a reliable Carlton GSi 3000 24v and had Lotus convert it into a 377bhp Bahnstorming Lotus Carlton. Both vehicles were on sale from 1989....Which manufacturer would you trust with your cash??

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »
Cheers bud, think il be doing that soon as!!!

I've run 24v's for many years now and they always go like a bat out of hell when the Lambda is utterly goosed because the fuelling goes so rich in an attempt by the cars ECU to compensate for the faulty Lambda sensor readings.

Because it is going like a bat out of hell, Warp speed more like.... ;) And im getting a neck ache  :-\
But 7mpg when pulling away is abit ri-dick-u-lous!!!!

and dont want them costly problems .......
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 06:02:25 PM by Jimmy »
Just one now -

stealthstylz

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 06:32:57 PM »
What year is it on?

U.D. - Omega DTM Rep

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 06:47:38 PM »
What year is it on?

Its a 1993 on an L-plate stealthstylz...the same Motronic fuel injection as my DTM Rep GSi 24v.

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 06:53:36 PM »
What year is it on?

Its a 1993 on an L-plate stealthstylz...the same Motronic fuel injection as my DTM Rep GSi 24v.

Its a 94' on an L-plate matey, Chipped Motronic....
Just one now -

U.D. - Omega DTM Rep

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 07:18:41 PM »
What year is it on?

Its a 94' on an L-plate matey, Chipped Motronic....

LOL!!! ;) Sorry mate, ok maybe I should have been more precise and specific. Jimmy's Senator has a WOL00029R1XXXXXX chassis number from GM's 1994 manufacturing year where as my GSi has a WOL00019P1XXXXXX numbered item meaning its from the previous 1993 manufacturing year.

When both of these later vehicles originally left Opel in Rüsselheim Germany, their Bosch fuel injection systems were identical. Contrary to popular belief now, No UK Police Senator B's were chipped by any Police force in our country.

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 07:25:36 PM »
Contrary to popular belief now, No UK Police Senator B's were chipped by any Police force in our country.

Doesnt mean it aint chipped.....now tho. lol  :P
Just one now -

U.D. - Omega DTM Rep

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 07:32:04 PM »
Contrary to popular belief now, No UK Police Senator B's were chipped by any Police force in our country.

Doesnt mean it aint chipped.....now tho. lol  :P

PMSL!!! :D Mine too....Wanna Race?? ;D ;D ;D

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 07:40:40 PM »

Doesnt mean it aint chipped.....now tho. lol  :P

PMSL!!! :D Mine too....Wanna Race?? ;D ;D ;D

Mayby, while my sensor is out and it has warp speed at the mo.! ha ha, not so much when i replace it  :D

Just found this useful bit of info:

'' Failure Symptoms:   
   * Excessive fuel consumption, a faulty oxygen sensor can waste 30% of your fuel.
    * Driveability problems, such as engine surging or hesitation.
    * High hydrocarbon emissions, failing an emissions inspection.
    * The engine warning light may be on or service flag displayed.
    * The ecu/computer stores a mixture-related fault code.
    * When the oxygen sensor has stopped functioning completely, the catalytic converter may overheat and fail''

Note: the red highlighted parts are my symptoms at the moment.....

only slight hestitation when pulling away, but no real driveability problems as yet. My Warning light goes out after a lil while tho, and the lil 'F' to the left of the clock only pops up for few secs then goes off too..(im only guessing that is the fault code)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:42:16 PM by Jimmy »
Just one now -

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2010, 03:10:17 PM »
Well..........

A silly Mistake, after so much going on putting the xhaust on, the problem with the sensor was a simple matter of Plugging it in!!!! would help i suppose!!  :-\ :-\ :-\
Me and Yas had a lil confusion on thinking the other person had plugged it in when we finished LOL!!!

before we realised, we did attempt to get my old sensor off my down pipe before trying to take the one off the car, but it was NOT budging, at all!! good job really....

But anyway, when we did plug it in, it worked fine, so MPG's back to normal :)

WAS at 'Warp factor 10, but NOW only down to 'Warp factor 9, so really pleased, good MPG's and power combined
 ;D ;D ;D
Just one now -

U.D. - Omega DTM Rep

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2010, 07:15:48 PM »
ROTFLMAOPMSL!!! ;D ;D ;D

stealthstylz

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 10:52:21 PM »
Put a switch in the lambda wire so you can do warp factor 10 when you want to go quicker lol.

Matt

melinx

• WHO created me in his own image ?
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2010, 08:16:40 AM »
When you 'floor it' the ECU ignores the Lambda sensor input and puts the mixture to rich to provide extra power anyway ;)

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2010, 08:55:05 AM »
Put a switch in the lambda wire so you can do warp factor 10 when you want to go quicker lol.

Matt

What a bloody Awesome idea!!!! Can it be done?? LOL    ''Engage''
Just one now -

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2011, 04:50:12 PM »
Been a while since any update has been made, reason? i havent updated anything yet ha ha, but due to this bad weather we had over the last month or so, it hasnt done any good to the old girl while she has been plotted up. suffered abit of bore wash, but managed to start her after 3hours, with a constant charge on the batt and alot of easy start (well deodorant, i didnt have any es) and the hydraulic clutch has gone, so gotta few things to do this new year with her, a lil bit of welding soon too. But promise she will be running again soon and will have some more updates for ya.
Hoping to get some rubber for her new shoes i have.... :)
Just one now -

colonelk

• Skiddy skidz FTW
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2011, 05:52:16 AM »
that rust where those wires go through is a right ball-ache to sort! had to do mine at the last MOT. Looking good though :) sounds like youve got a nice healthy engine in yours too :)
Zee goggles, zhey do nothing!

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2011, 08:09:13 PM »
Sorry, already shown this in another post..

but here is the badge idea ;)

i like it alot, weather people catch on that im trying to abbreviate that the S6 is for Straight Six, not to bothered, otherwise they will think my car is a crossbreed with an Audi, either way, i like it, and only 3quid P&P, bargain ;)
As only wanted to re-badge the senny slightly and not completely, i was just gona get the 24V badge on its own.

Just one now -

NirelandGSI

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »
looks well sir i love the look o them old cop cars .the engine im stickin in my car on satuarday is from a old english reg senny police car . so just hope it goes well

Jimmy

• Zepp
  • South East Bruv!
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2011, 02:33:33 PM »
Thanks to Land-Barge who i saw yesterday, i now have the chrome for my rear bumper, looks nice with a refresh coat of linseed oil on the trim ;)

Oh yeh, got a white tyre pen off egay :

Looks good on the rear BFG's, not too bad on the FEDERAL's on the front. but hey... sod it ;)
Just one now -

Land-Barge

• 3 litre armchair special
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2011, 03:16:55 PM »
Looking real tidy now Jimmy, I actually like the white lettering on the tyres it really suits the car 8)

Have you lowered it or something, looks low in the pics ???