Author Topic: Carltons spotted in the Scrappy  (Read 26143 times)

U.D. - Omega DTM Rep

• Want parts? TOUGH!!! Buy something else....
  • I'm just a six cylinder & Irmscher JUNKIE!!!
Re: Carltons spotted in the Scrappy
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2013, 08:16:47 PM »

Do saloon front doors fit an estate ???

Short answer is YES!

Long answer :- All Mk3 Carlton/Omega A and Senator B front doors are physically interchangeable with each other but the wiring looms to suit your current vehicles leccy windows and exterior door trims etc, etc might have to be swapped over depending on what has been fitted to the donor vehicle(s) Mr Barge.... ;)

HTH! :P
Nissan took a 600bhp NISMO Racecar and de-tuned this flagship Coupé for everyday use on public roads. GM took a reliable Carlton GSi 3000 24v and had Lotus convert it into a 377bhp Bahnstorming Lotus Carlton. Both vehicles were on sale from 1989....Which manufacturer would you trust with your cash??

Land-Barge

• Wanted: Life
  • 3 litre armchair special
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2013, 08:41:24 PM »
Facelift 2 litre saloon in pick a part, Erith, looks like some tidy panels on it

http://www.pickapart.org.uk/vehicles?ID=5174

Short answer is YES!

Long answer :- All Mk3 Carlton/Omega A and Senator B front doors are physically interchangeable with each other but the wiring looms to suit your current vehicles leccy windows and exterior door trims etc, etc might have to be swapped over depending on what has been fitted to the donor vehicle(s) Mr Barge.... ;)

Cheers U.D.  was'nt sure wether the roof profile was different on the saloons

U.D. - Omega DTM Rep

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 08:47:31 PM »

Cheers U.D.  was'nt sure wether the roof profile was different on the saloons

No problem Mr LB! :)

Roof profiles only differ from the "B" pillar back to the rear of the vehicle in question but the outer rear Estate/Saloon & Senator B door skins are also interchangeable matey! ;)

Nissan took a 600bhp NISMO Racecar and de-tuned this flagship Coupé for everyday use on public roads. GM took a reliable Carlton GSi 3000 24v and had Lotus convert it into a 377bhp Bahnstorming Lotus Carlton. Both vehicles were on sale from 1989....Which manufacturer would you trust with your cash??

supercub

• 1993 2.0 DIAMOND
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2013, 11:11:59 AM »
Facelift 2 litre saloon in pick a part, Erith, looks like some tidy panels on it

http://www.pickapart.org.uk/vehicles?ID=5174

Weird one that...  No header tank?  has a rad with cap built in?   

Oh and realy good speaker grilles on that too by the looks of it...

U.D. - Omega DTM Rep

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 06:39:44 PM »

Its actually very common fitment for the bottom of the range early 1986/87 - 1.8L's & later 1989/94 - 2.0L cars supercub! ;)

The cheaper model range cars are built to an extremely tight budget so these don't get some of the STD Opel parts we've become accustomed to seeing matey.

supercub

• 1993 2.0 DIAMOND
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 07:43:57 PM »
Blooming eck... Didnt know that!!  I remember seeing loads in the scrappers back when my dad had his CDX and never saw one without...  :)

Learn something new everyday...

Still .  I stand by my comment about the speaker grilles.....  ;D

kevinfourlegs

• The only TC member with four legs and a Renault Scenic
  • Spreading the TC gospel in south Wales and beyond
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »

Its actually very common fitment for the bottom of the range early 1986/87 - 1.8L's & later 1989/94 - 2.0L cars supercub! ;)

The cheaper model range cars are built to an extremely tight budget so these don't get some of the STD Opel parts we've become accustomed to seeing matey.

I've seen a few Carltons with the poverty spec rads. Not uncommon.
Everyone knows that rwd is the proper way. Some refuse to admit it.

Now drives a Renault Scenic dCi Dynamique Tom Tom

stemo

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2013, 11:56:14 AM »
I've got one that will be going to the scrapper shortly with a header tank and cap on the rad!

PeterC

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2013, 11:59:18 AM »
I think Di was looking for said cap a while ago. Means the rad might be a usefull spare.
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.

stemo

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2013, 12:59:45 PM »
The rad is no good to man nor beast, leaks like a bottle without a lid on as one of the inlets is broken

Brett

« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2014, 07:03:06 PM »
Theres a 2.0i 8v Club Estate in Harry Butlands, just outside Cheltenham at the moment. Saw it today.

8valver

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2015, 01:24:53 PM »
Frost blue senator, 3.0 12v auto, prefacelift  in browns at hemel hempstead. Looks very complete, BUT is on the bottom of a stack, you would need to speak to them in advance and get them to dig it out if you wanted engine/box/axles etc.