Author Topic: Updating the Grundig I.C.E  (Read 28546 times)

Mitch1965

Re: Updating the Grundig I.C.E
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
Mine is nothing like this. I have 2 jvc stereo's one has a din insert where the car loom will connect straight to it, the other has an adapter to din. Have been messing with this for the last hour, cut the red and yelow wires & then hardwired them as yellow to red & visca versca, when i plugged at all back in to try, all the dash lights came on even though the key wasn't in the ingition ::) &no sound from the h/u.  >:( Took it all apart & swapped/hardwired the corresponding wires back as they were & will not just suck it. :-\ :'(

Murph

• Administrator
  • Wanted: Life
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2012, 02:20:28 PM »
What model is the stereo Mitch?
It sounds like the yellow wire is the input for the dash illumination so at least we know that much now....

Mitch1965

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2012, 03:45:46 PM »
What model is the stereo Mitch?
It sounds like the yellow wire is the input for the dash illumination so at least we know that much now....
Its this one,,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-KD-G342-CD-MP3-PlayerWMAAUX-in/dp/B0010B5P26 I was getting worried with all the dash lights on & with no key so i just undid what i'd done. i think i'll live with the way it is, but its a pita!! :(

Murph

• Administrator
  • Wanted: Life
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012, 05:05:54 PM »
Link to wiring manual
Hopefully that'll help a bit.

Mitch1965

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2012, 05:39:22 PM »
I may have another look at this later, but a bit rushed now as about to load it up ready for the enfield pageant show, heading down there tomorrow.. ;D