Author Topic: Updating the Grundig I.C.E  (Read 28521 times)

flash1664

Re: Updating the Grundig I.C.E
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 06:18:42 PM »
got the control box if its the thing that fits between the head unit and the blue lead. got the head unit(diplay doesnt work not sure of the grundig model) and the 10 disc changer. if any body wants them?

DevonGSi

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 06:52:23 PM »
YES PLEEEEEEASE!
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who dont.

flash1664

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 10:18:26 AM »
will bring the bits back from my lock up today let me know what you want

DevonGSi

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 10:28:02 AM »
will bring the bits back from my lock up today let me know what you want

control box and cable please. do you have the cd player cage?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who dont.

flash1664

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 10:53:10 AM »
i will have a look you might be in luck

DevonGSi

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2011, 03:02:25 PM »
i will have a look you might be in luck

Thanks!

Winky

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 03:45:46 PM »
got the control box if its the thing that fits between the head unit and the blue lead. got the head unit(diplay doesnt work not sure of the grundig model) and the 10 disc changer. if any body wants them?

Does the changer work ok? If so I'm interested in it.

Don't need any of the other parts.

DevonGSi

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 04:02:10 PM »

Oh and the blue lead if possible! :)

Winky

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »

Oh and the blue lead if possible! :)

??? I thought you just wanted the control box & cable or did I misread your post?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:16:44 PM by Winky »

flash1664

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 10:13:29 AM »
 have got all the parts here now.the head unit is a 4870(bust display). the blue cable,the control box,the auto changer cradle and the mcd10 auto changer(was working i will check it out later while ive got all the parts and if i can get any joy out of the head unit.ive even still got the code.not sure how you enter it with a bust display!!!!!.cant find the manual think it must have got with the car. let me know who wants what  cheers dave

DevonGSi

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2011, 09:40:48 PM »
have got all the parts here now.the head unit is a 4870(bust display). the blue cable,the control box,the auto changer cradle and the mcd10 auto changer(was working i will check it out later while ive got all the parts and if i can get any joy out of the head unit.ive even still got the code.not sure how you enter it with a bust display!!!!!.cant find the manual think it must have got with the car. let me know who wants what  cheers dave

I have the head unit  and changer. Would like the blue cable, control box and cage!

Thanks!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:42:43 PM by DevonGSi »

flash1664

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 06:07:22 PM »
have tried the head unit out today no joy no display so i cannot enter the code!!!. the auto changer will let me eject the cd pod but without the head unit working i cannot test the changer. but you are welcome to it to try.it worked until i broke the car last year. the head unit is going to be recycled!!!!!!
winky if you pm your details ill send you the cradle/lead and control box

Winky

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2011, 07:15:49 PM »
winky if you pm your details ill send you the cradle/lead and control box

S'ok Flash. I was enquiring about the changer & DevonGSi about the cradle, lead & control box. I think I'm ok for the changer as well now but if I still need one I know who to shout.

Cheers

jonnybear

• Carlton Mad
  • Wanted: Life
  • 1993 (k) Carlton CDi 2.0i, Tyne And Wear (NE)
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2011, 10:32:48 AM »
i haver about 4 changers :) so where in good supply :)

Mitch1965

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2012, 12:05:52 PM »
Ta for the info, i think a different head unit in mine is ftw then.  ;D Have a couple knocking about so see if the din plug from my loom will fit to it, or see if i can buy an adapter. Think i'll be removing my cd changer too, if it will still drain the battery.. :o

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2012, 07:30:27 PM »
Mitch,you have to remove the cage ,behind which is an interface box that the blue boot changer uses to conunicate with the grundig head unit, this needs to be un-plugged then most standard din radios will plug into the carltons loom .
if you get stuck.... give us a shout. ;)
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

Mitch1965

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2012, 07:48:43 PM »
Mitch,you have to remove the cage ,behind which is an interface box that the blue boot changer uses to conunicate with the grundig head unit, this needs to be un-plugged then most standard din radios will plug into the carltons loom .
if you get stuck.... give us a shout. ;)
Cheers dave, Have now fitted a jvc in its place today, but left the loom for the changer all wrapped up with leccy tape. Not touched the boot area for now, but will bear you in mind Dave many thanks. 8)

Mitch1965

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 08:59:27 AM »
Just a quick questions guys, Having fitted the h/u, all is working fine, except for the fact it resets itself everytime the ingition is turned off.
 I had thought there's  a permanent live within the plug to hold stations & my presets of equalizer etc, even if a cd is in the unit, it goes back to start of cd. ???
Where can i take a constant live form to keep all my settings? its rather tedious sitting there having to set it all up before you set off.. >:(

nightmare

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 02:05:41 PM »
Just a quick questions guys, Having fitted the h/u, all is working fine, except for the fact it resets itself everytime the ingition is turned off.
 I had thought there's  a permanent live within the plug to hold stations & my presets of equalizer etc, even if a cd is in the unit, it goes back to start of cd. ???
Where can i take a constant live form to keep all my settings? its rather tedious sitting there having to set it all up before you set off.. >:(

You'll probably find the permanent live and the ign live need to be swapped over.
Red wire and yellow wire
Put red to yellow and yellow to red instead of red to red and yellow to yellow.
 JVC normaly have bullet connectors on the loom to do this.
Easy going untill PUSHED!!!!

Mitch1965

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2012, 03:28:45 PM »
Ok dude, thanks for the info. I will give that a try. 8)

Mitch1965

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2012, 09:16:46 PM »
Just been looking at the loom from the h/u, can't see how these wire will come out, seem to be pretty well solid & stuck to the spade connectors on the other side of the plug. Any one got a tip, before i chop & hard wire please? ???

carlton_mad

• 3.0 CDX and now Diamond 3.0 24v
  • Administrator
  • dartford kent
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2012, 09:54:57 PM »
the wiring from the car loom to the stereo mitch the yellow and the red have bulletsjust swap them or if not cut them not the car loom!!
what would life be like if we all drove fwd cars? feckin boring that's what rear drive or bust

Mitch1965

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2012, 10:00:34 PM »
Thanks chris I'll look at the one on the car, I won't be chopping at the car loom thats a fat. If i have to hardwire any, it'll be on head unit side ;) ;)

carlton_mad

• 3.0 CDX and now Diamond 3.0 24v
  • Administrator
  • dartford kent
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2012, 10:47:13 PM »
Cool
what would life be like if we all drove fwd cars? feckin boring that's what rear drive or bust

Murph

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 10:48:40 AM »
Should look something like this Mitch:

That one is a Sony loom but usually they are pretty similar.

If you don't have something like that then cut the RED and YELLOW wires on the stereo's loom and connect the red to yellow and vice versa using some bullet connectors or terminal block.