Author Topic: Back on the road after my accident  (Read 191 times)

PeterC

• Wanted: Life
Back on the road after my accident
« on: November 03, 2018, 09:47:07 PM »
Finally got back on the road after the accident.

Rosie - shes fine luckily as it was MY accident and I was no where near Rosie when I had it !.

Broken leg so I could not drive since late August. I fell of a step ONLY about 2 1/2 inches high. Turned my foot right over, felt terra firma hit the top of my foot and heard CRACK !.
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.

djbthatsme

Re: Back on the road after my accident
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 06:59:07 PM »
Oh PeterC,
If you keep on like this we may have to arrange a companion for you. Going out on your own may be a thing of the past and then what will poor old Rosie do?

PeterC

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 10:05:17 PM »
Yes well I am a bit slower and more cautious now. Leg is a bit "rusty" but at least the ankle is fully mobile.
1993 2.0 CD(X)i Auto Estate (Rioja Red very little tin worm & reasonable paint).
RIP - 1992 2.0 CDXi Manual Estate (Spectral Blue with far too much tin worm, now only parts).

Old age means wondering: Do I really have to struggle to become an expert in something I might never need to do again.

nightmare

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 12:24:56 PM »
Take it easy around the market and the tram lines and everywhere else for that matter.

Enjoy driving Rosie.
Easy going untill PUSHED!!!!

PeterC

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 10:04:56 PM »
Thanks.

Weird thing is this weekend I walked on the very steps that I did it on. I was surprised to find I was VERY hesitant as I approached the offending step - even though it has now been altered. It was not panic as such but just a stop like you would get as you reach the edge of a cliff !. Easily overcome but none the less !.

djbthatsme

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 08:14:57 PM »
PeterC,
I suggest that you don't try out your theory at the edge of a cliff - may be somewhat messy if it goes wrong.