Author Topic: NEED NEW EXHAUST K REG CARLTON 2.0LTR  (Read 187 times)

6FT1M

• Location - Windsor, Berks
NEED NEW EXHAUST K REG CARLTON 2.0LTR
« on: September 16, 2018, 05:40:13 PM »
WHERE CAN I BUY I FROM ANY IDEAS ??????????
16TH SEPT 2018

PLZ NEED QUICK ANSWERS PLZ IM IN BERKSHIRE

0795omega

Re: NEED NEW EXHAUST K REG CARLTON 2.0LTR
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 07:56:03 PM »
if not in a massive rush? i got one of these off e-bay was excellent quality and value german steel system,item number;221578436858 71.00 all in complete system minus cat of course!

6FT1M

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 01:19:39 PM »
hi thanks for reply

is it better to buy with the cat just replace whole system ?

also how much would that cost

my car is a kreg 2.0ltr diplomat

also whats the price for a stailess steel exhaust

any ideas m8

anyone you no near windsor might fit ?

0795omega

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 01:02:03 PM »
im in devon so dont know about fitters in windsor! id only do cat if it looks old and rusty or joints on it look rusty? if interested in a stainless system there maybee a firm near you if you google stainless exhausts windsor something may come up? as for a price will be dearer than mild steel of course but will last longer,good if keeping your car?

chris

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 01:54:02 PM »
Just a point on the cat.

You will usually get away without one on a K reg car that was already in production before 92. It might not be strictly correct and so is at your own risk, but theres a grey area of a couple of years where the emissions machine will say OK because there were still cars allowed to be built without cats.

If your original one is Ok I'd leave it there but if it needs a costly replacement you could consider leaving it out.
A new custom stainless system could be made from the downpipe back, so no place to put a cat, and so not obviously missing for the MOT visual check of emissions equipment being present.

At your own risk etc etc.

Dave the Builder

• Wanted: Life
  • Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 02:37:28 PM »
But as it had a cat fitted,(C20NE engine) it will have a lambda sensor and ecu map for cat zorst ,compression is lower :-\
I had a 20SE engine (non cat) but ran a cat,lambda and C20NE management(so non cat test)

you'd need to put a boss on for the lambda , or run the risk of eml being on and the engine running like a one legged ,asthmatic geriatric  :D

would free up some power ,not much , but would vastly improve the threshold for emissions at mot time (3.5% co 1200 ppm HC )

aftermarket cats are pants ,
the 20SE downpipe has a box in place of the cat ,rest of the zorst is the same
so, if you wanted to de-cat a c20NE ,the 20SE downpipe with a boss welded in for the lambda ,box gutted would achieve it,provided the NT(mot man) did not spot the lambda or read the engine code from the block,or remember what was fitted to a carlton  ;D

there is no post cat lambda ,so no LTFT issue
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

chris

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 04:28:23 PM »
Yes, of course you would need to keep the lambda sensor installed.
I'm sure the ECU map wouldnt need any attention, the flow might improve slightly but its not an engine tuned on a knife edge.

My Carltons both have Lambdas in their original location and working, and no cats. The test machine does the basic emissions test, which of course is easy to pass and an engine with lambda sensor working will come in at a small proportion of the allowed emissions.

6FT1M

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 06:35:13 PM »
Thanks a lot you guys

you sound so clued up

my car needs t l c without spending to much wonga fancy helping a ill person get his car perfect again
im happy to buy the beers for your advice pointers

need a local meetup discuss cars so you can see my car i can shake your hands

and get car 100% perfect again

my memory al over due to meds

appreciate all the help ta again