Author Topic: Starter motor  (Read 252 times)

djbthatsme

Starter motor
« on: May 28, 2018, 01:00:19 PM »
Well we've collectively surrounded the problem of poor starting and now its time to move on.

After checking out the fuel, ignition and earthing its time to commit to buying and replacing the starter motor.

At the beginning when poor starting became an issue one of the options was deemed to be from a sluggish starter but at earlier stages
the quicker and cheaper options were examined and improved. At least maintenance in these areas was undertaken which won't be a bad thing.

Now my intention is to buy and fit a new 12v starter motor with a 1.4 Kw output providing greater torque over the 1.1kw option. As usual the
prices are ridiculous if ebay are anything to go by, particularly Bosch.

So fellow Carltonians I welcome your thoughts.

0795omega

Re: Starter motor
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 04:08:15 PM »
have a decent auto sparky rebuild yours,cheaper option and better made than the cheapy e-bay ones!

djbthatsme

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 05:38:39 PM »
Thanks for your reply 0795omega - that was something I never thought of, I'll bear this in mind.

Good thinking.

Dave the Builder

• Wanted: Life
  • Swadlincote,Derbyshire
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

nightmare

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 02:02:41 AM »
The 1.4 Kw starter is physically longer than the original BUT it does fit.
I know because I fitted one to my diplomat 2.0.
Starts a lot better now.

HTH
Easy going untill PUSHED!!!!