Author Topic: FOR SALE My 1993 Carlton 2.0 CDi manual ,mot march 2019  (Read 1119 times)

Dave the Builder

• Wanted: Life
  • Swadlincote,Derbyshire
FOR SALE My 1993 Carlton 2.0 CDi manual ,mot march 2019
« on: April 25, 2018, 08:36:27 PM »
FOR SALE due to me having to swap to an auto box  :'(
many already know my car

NOW SOLD

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:43:55 AM by Dave the Builder »
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

0795omega

Re: FOR SALE My 1993 Carlton 2.0 CDi manual ,mot march 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 12:19:49 PM »
looks good in all the usual rot areas dave! especially tidy as its been a daily driver,related to mine, my reg is L---BNR obviously a vauxhall fleet number as the first owners of mine were vauxhall in leicester according to the service book,good luck with the sale dont think it will be around too long?

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 02:14:58 PM »
looks good in all the usual rot areas dave! especially tidy as its been a daily driver,
arches are solid,the brown stain is dirt  ;D
 there's paint scratched off inside the door shuts/arches from me scratching it loading stuff in  :-[  BUT it's solid metal, not rusting from the other side ,I just didn't paint the scratches as people would think the arches have been bodged(rattle cans of paint to go with the car) ,i cleaned and treated it all ,underseal etc 12+ years ago when i first got it and checked/re-sealed it every year since,
lot's of stone chips,minor dents,scratches etc (not all me  :D) but a tidy example ,for age ,many people say wow ,that's nice,used to own one etc etc , to which I reply "you should have undersealed and protected it ,AND kept it "  ;D :D

related to mine, my reg is L---BNR obviously a vauxhall fleet number as the first owners of mine were vauxhall in leicester according to the service book,
There does seem to be a few ANR cars ,many L or GL so you could be right

good luck with the sale dont think it will be around too long?
it's raining  :( so i can't get it hoovered out at the moment for interior pics etc
need to get it sold as the replacement is on the in-laws drive ,and has been over a month  ::)
I'm going to stick it on some internet sites soon if no one here is interested
If the above post contains spelling mistakes / grammatical errors / poor use of the quote function / a very weak retort, or is generally shyte; it's because I'm feked on a cocktail of drugs,homebrew and carb cleaner.sorry

Sutty2006

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 04:20:50 PM »
Sell me your diplomat alloys!  ;D ;D

carlton_mad

• 3.0 CDX and now Diamond 3.0 24v
  • Administrator
  • dartford kent
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 04:56:10 PM »
Wish i had some cash Dave i would have her in a minute
what would life be like if we all drove fwd cars? feckin boring that's what rear drive or bust

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 05:27:37 PM »
Wish i had some cash Dave i would have her in a minute

Hello stranger  :) aint you got a nice 3L estate to finish  ;D

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:03:58 AM by Dave the Builder »

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 05:47:32 PM »
finding spare parts i never remembered buying  ;D

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:40:50 AM by Dave the Builder »

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 11:07:40 AM »
If you are interested get in touch ASAP
 or I will be putting it on ebay ,where it will sell for alot more than here  ;D
I need to swap to the auto ,which i've had since march ,unused  ;D

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:38:34 AM by Dave the Builder »

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 09:23:34 PM »
I was asked about the photos
it is reflections of the clouds in the sky that makes the paint look patchy on the pics  ;)
the only lacquer peel is a tiny bit on the near side mirror case / cover
the rest of the car is just freshly polished like a mirror   ;)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 07:01:00 PM by Dave the Builder »

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 07:02:46 PM »
Now on ebay   ::)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:37:36 AM by Dave the Builder »

0795omega

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 08:34:53 PM »
best of luck with it dave! hope you dont get one of the many messers you seem to get on there nowadays!!

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 10:44:23 AM »
best of luck with it dave! hope you dont get one of the many messers you seem to get on there nowadays!!
Thanks , It's a shame there are people on ebay that mess sellers about  :(
me and Mrs builder have been quite fortunate with deals on ebay in the past ,
met some nice people ,done some good deals with them  :)
 but ,i'm fully aware there are jokers about ,already getting silly questions  ???

0795omega

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 12:22:26 PM »
i allways love the one: what will you take to end it early? allways feel like being totally sarcastic and saying 100,000 mate!!

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 01:29:10 PM »
i allways love the one: what will you take to end it early? allways feel like being totally sarcastic and saying 100,000 mate!!
This ,and people then selling and cancelling the listing has spoiled ebay 
NOW ebay won't let you pass contact info ,so people can view a car before they bid
I've already been asked to sell certain parts etc on the listing  ::)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:46:31 AM by Dave the Builder »

0795omega

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 10:28:38 PM »
i find everyone seems to bid at the last second,quite annoying!!

djbthatsme

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 06:12:49 PM »
Dave the Builder I'm glad to see that your CDi auction is going well on Ebay.
For me these cars are worth more than you're being offered but you can only get what you get. Whoever buys the car will probably get themselves a bargain with all your diligence and hard work not to mention the cash you've injected into the car.

I wish you well.

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 07:12:43 PM »
Thanks djbthatsme

Well I've cleaned it all out ,hoovered ,washed the inside plastics etc etc
scrubs up very good , (I always had floor mats and the back seat spent more time out the car than in)
needs another wash and polish outside now ,ready for the new owner
lots of extra bits can go with the car too ,IF the winning bidder pays and collects promptly
and now bidding is over 600, i'll include both sets of alloys CDX and wolfrace plus steel spare,jack and wheel bace ,again, if the seller gets a wriggle on and collects it quickly , so i can transfer my insurance to the auto . ;)

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 02:08:21 PM »
Winning bidder says his brother bid and is away lorry driving  ::)
I asked him to cancel his bids and change his passwords
need this gone asap (can take 10 days to cancel apparently)

0795omega

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 10:25:50 PM »
so sorry to here that dave bloody messers!! can you not offer it to the next best bidder?

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 11:41:23 AM »
so sorry to here that dave bloody messers!! can you not offer it to the next best bidder?
I'll probably re-list it again ,including both sets of alloys this time.
If I keep getting messed about , (I need to try and get the ebay fee back from the first knob end)
steel wheels go on and adios amigo
crazy for a car with nearly 10 months mot

I need to get the auto off the in-laws drive and in use ,

0795omega

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2018, 11:54:06 AM »
all you ask for is a quick straight forward transaction,sold one of mine on there before xmas,the amount of stupid questions i kept getting was rediculous! the winning bidder arranged bank transfer at the end and sent a low-loader to pick up so all went well for me fortunetly but it is a shame e-bay attracts so many wally brains and e-bay sew it up in my opinion that its hard to take action and leave bad feedback for the wallys just so their website looks good still!

djbthatsme

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2018, 07:06:53 PM »
Commiserations Dave, what a world we live in

I'm one of the old school and in those days, the 60s and 70s, your word was your bond.
If you gave your word then it could be depended on, if you didn't keep your promise then it would soon be catastrophic for you. This would soon be known in the small societies that we lived in then and you would be blackballed. Nowadays things are different where people can bid for a car and not live up to their responsibility if they decide to walk away they do just that without any remorse.

Lets hope next time your lucky Dave.

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2018, 07:17:38 PM »
thanks djbthatsme & 0795omega

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:35:25 AM by Dave the Builder »

0795omega

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 10:15:42 PM »
i see the red gsi has come back e-bay again,that poor bloke had a messer aswell!

Dave the Builder

• Swadlincote,Derbyshire
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 09:05:00 PM »
i see the red gsi has come back e-bay again,that poor bloke had a messer aswell!
yes , noticed that , mine went tonight , on a transporter to it's new home , Northern Ireland

Goodbye old friend ,thank you for your service